Dec 23, 2006

Saturday ramblings

1. Good to see Derek alive and somewhat well with his post. I was worrying about him for a bit. Seeing his picks tells me he's at least breathing and concentrating on the important things, like football.

2. As far as I know, there is no set agenda for the weekend besides the three scheduled activities:
- Friday 1 pm: shower for the girls
- Saturday 6 pm: Reheharsal dinner (for some)
- Sunday 3 pm - ?: the big event.

We can use this blog to start planning any other events for the weekend. Friday at 8 pm is the Maryland-Purdue game; I think Don has plenty of Purdue gear and he will pay me $$$ to run around Friday night decked in yellow and black.

(You all can then get back at me by pissing me off by wearing Texans gear on Sunday for the big Cleveland-Houston game - but good luck finding any Texans gear....)

3. Speaking of the Browns, I will be one of approximately 10,000 fans in attendance tomorrow in Cleveland! Last minute plans came through, and we have 50-yard line upper deck (row 3 ) seats for the game. However, the tickets came electronically; I have to print out some pdf files and supposedly show that at the entrance. Has anyone done this before? Will this work?

4. Thanks Ryan for the link to the Cliff Hangers music. Is there a way we can work that into the reception, Derek?

5. Need the oddsmakers out there: If Derek's wedding is at 3 pm:
a. When is the last time that Eric will look at his pager before the wedding?
b. Will Eric look at the pager during the ceremony?
c. Starting at 3 pm, how long can Eric go without looking at it?

6. Quick question: We pulled into a bank the other day to get money out of an ATM. There were two lines for the drive-thru at the bank two cars deep.
Who uses the drive thru anymore at banks? For what purpose? Anyone?

7. On November 1st, I had no idea who Ben 10 is or what network it was on. Now, I am running around Targets throughout Cincinnati to find the one alien character that is out of stock. I felt like Sinbad in that bad Chirstmas movie with Arnold.

8. Was in the return line at Toys R Us. I noticed there were a couple of letter magnets on a pole right behind the return desk. The letters were:
"n o b j"
Umm.... is this a message to the staff of some sort? Is this a problem at the return desk? Or is this purely coincidence? I didn't have the courage to ask Taniqua, the lady helping me with my return.

Football picks to follow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is NOT too late:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Hangers


http://cgi.ebay.com/SWISS-MOUNTAIN-MUSIC-LP-W-HI-FI-ALPHONS-BELLS-YODELLING_W0QQitemZ260039069809QQihZ016QQcategoryZ306QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem