Dec 10, 2006

More Random notes


Just some random thoughts....

1) It is constantly disorienting to catch a 6:00 am flight from Cincy to OHare, fall asleep on the plane (since I have to get up at 4 am to catch the flight!), land, and then be told the time is 5:45 am. I don't care how many times it happens, it is just odd for me.

2) Another OHare sight.... if you use the term "folklore schmoklore" on your cellphone conversation, the next three words should NOT be "that's fuckin bullshit".
What are you, an urban Amish teenager?

3) It's hard for me to get too excited about the Cavs when the lose to the Knicks, Bobcats, and Hawks at home. Aren't these the worse teams in the East? It's hard for me to imagine NBA champions like the Bulles, Lakers, Pistons, etc. losing to the dregs in the regular season. How good are the Cavs if they lose to these types of teams on a semi-regular basis?

4) Well, as Don Henley would say, "I got the call today, I didn't want to hear... but I knew that it would come...". Went in for my measurements for the tux. Let's just say my waist size does not start with a "3" anymore.

I know I'm not exercising enough, and my weight is like the stock market - gradually setting all time highs - but I wasn't prepared for it. But - amazing! - I tried on the larger pants, and it's a nice fit! Now I've got a quandry. Do I actually go out and by 3-4 more Dockers/slacks in the new size, or do I assume I will lose the weight over the next couple of months?

5) So I need to change my lifestyle to fit in some exercise. The only option I see is to get up a little earlier in the morning - like 6 - and jog then. I seem to be dead at night (9 pm) after putting the kids to bed, and it's hard to get motivated when you feel exhausted. So now I have to force myself to get up at 6 and go out and run... when it's 15-20 degrees out. I can do it - I did it in Iowa - but it's hard to force those good habits back again.

6) There may be a chance for Janice and I to go to the Browns' game Christmas Eve - vs. the Bucs. How sick am I to be excited to actually go to a home game to watch a 4-9 team play a 3-8 team? It would be our first home game since.... wow, since when? The Browns-Colts game in 2002? Geesh.

7) The kids' favorite show in the morning is the Snorks, followed by the Wacky Races. God love the Boomerang network. We're currently watching a promo for Hong Kong Phooey. Should I introduce them to pot now, or wait until they watch Scooby Doo for 5 hours straight?

8) I hate to say this to the Terp fans out there - but where is the signature non-conference win? Both Illinios and Michigan St are down this year, and probably will not make the tournament. Looking back, I think the Winthrop win will look mighty good in March.

5 comments:

Buck Super Stereo said...

Quick question EZ -

its a moot point now, but had i had the ability and foresight to contact you about tix for last thrusday's game here in the burgh, would you have been interested? my pop-in-law has two tix in the club section at Heinz. $210 a piece.

i was out all last week and got word on tuesday that he wanted to sell them. i was out of sorts and unable to connect to you through your bro.

so, going forward, if we have tix to the browns game available for any date, any time, should i consider you interested? i can't promise that they'd always be on the block, as they're normally taken. its just this year's poor record, thursday night and crazy ice storm predictions made for no interest.

let me know and you will me mentally logged forever. promise.

Don said...

Seriously? The Browns-Bucs game on Christmas Eve? I'll be sitting all snug and warm at an in-law's house somewhere, sipping a glass of wine, and thinking ...those poor fools in the stadium, what are they possibly thinking.

At least you know I'll be thinking of you.

How can they be so bad?

dzahn07 said...

Its easy Don, they have no offensive line, no talent at the RB position, no talent at QB, and basically no talent at the wideout position. I have never seen or been told about so many dropped passes before. And I don't care how good the opposing defense is, you should still be able to run the ball for more than 6 yards. Oh, you only ran the ball 5 times? Good coaching job there Romeo.

Don said...

Derek, I mean besides the obvious things that can be readily seen on the field. How can this team be so bad for so long? Mind boggling.

Eric Z said...

Geesh, Chris, I realize I never answered your question. Sorry.

In the future, yes, we'd be interested in tickets up in Pittsburgh if they become available. No guarantees that I would always use them, but with enough notice, I'd love to go up there.

Thanks! $210 a pop for club seats isn't too bad, considering last year I paid $175 for terrible seats in Lambeau.