Jul 28, 2006

Random update

OK, the one day mourning period is over, and now I am ready to move on without LeCharles Bentley. The productivity of our offensive line is now in the hands of.... Bob Hallen!?!? Oh well, the Browns haven't had a decent offensive line since, oh, 1989 - what's one more year?

Anyway,

1) I guess the LeCharles bad luck cancels out my good luck from earlier in the week - I got my 3rd hole in one! #16 at the Vineyard. The ballw as about 5 yards offline, kicked off the fringe and went screaming toward the hole - then hit the flag dead on, stayed there for about a half second and then dropped. Witnesses were my friend Craig, a co-worker of Don's from the Lima plant, and... well, Don technically wasn't a witness since he was too busy urinating behind some trees when the shot was struck. He did come running out of the woods when I let out my teenage-girl like scream.

2) Coincidence? Since Bob Wickman was traded, my putting has been abysmal. My 3-putt-less streak came to a crashing halt at Cook's Creek on Sunday, where I hit the ball preetty well and shot 80 - with 4 3-putts. My personal streak ended at 79 holes.
On Monday, at the Vineyard, I had 2 more 3-putts.

(However, I took another lesson last week, and things seem to be clicking. My ball striking is the best it has been this year. If I can keep that up next week, and get the putting going again....)

Kermit, by the way, now has an active streak of 110 holes without 3-jacking. I play with him Monday at Apple Valley, a course that has some big greens.

Next tournament is next week at Apple valley, the Ohio Public Golfers Tournament. It's a possible 4 round deal, depending on how well I do. I found out that I am paired with a 16-yeard old high schooler, and 2 20-something Divinsion II/III college kids. That will be fun. My Dad with the cigars and me with my boring style of play - can't wait to frustrate the young kids.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Breaking news: Kermit's 3-putt-less streak has ended at 119 holes. It ended Sunday around noon.