Jul 14, 2006

Quick Thoughts for Friday:


  • Did you know that you should marinate steaks and other meats for at least 4-5 days to get the full affect of the marinade? But you should lightly sear the meat first before putting it into the fridge. Learned that last night on the Food Network. Didn't know that I could do that with meat.
  • Did anyone watch that segment on Sportscenter about that boy in Denver and how he met Todd Helton? Jesus, I was just looking for the A's highlights and nearly had a balling session at 6:15am this morning. Hangovers make me very vunerable and sensitve.
  • Went bowling last night with my office. We played against our neighboring office and got destroyed. This other office is so god damn competitive. If I wasn't the manager and had to show my people that I'm not a dick, I would of put together an all-star team to kick their ass in every sport. But since I'm a nice guy and I'm looking for participation rather than winning, I had several bowlers that didn't crack 50. My ringer, Austin, sucked it up as well. Thanks Austin for spending the entire time hitting on my one new hire and ignoring that I needed you to bowl a 150.
  • Men who have rollers for their briefcases piss me off to no end. Its not necessary. Are you that weak to carry a 10 pound briefcase? So can you guess how I reacted when a male supervisor from the other office showed up with his owner ball in a bag that had a roller? How lazy are we all getting? Earned massive points with my office when I was just ripping into the guy as he walked past our group.
  • Just want to say thank you to the person driving the white van on the 405 this morning going 40 mph. 40 MPH!!!!!!! I was stuck behind him for about 2 miles, yelling at myself with one of those "Great asshole, you are going way to slow for me to even pull around you and nobody won't let me in" conversations. I was so pissed, I took down his license plate number and I will be completing a Choicepoint search on him today. Love working for an insurance company.

3 comments:

Eric Z said...

I'd like to rip on Austin, but let's have a little more information..

1) What did he say he bowled as a average score?
2) How many games did you bowl?
3) What were his scores?

There's a difference between a 160 bowler who averages 135 and a 170 bowler who rolled a 110. More information is needed before I rip on those who overestimate their sporting prowess....

The Dudeman said...

Well, I believe Austin told Derek that he usually bowls around a 250. Of course, he immediately followed that with... 10 frames? We Amish do everything half again as much as you folk do. You bowl 10 frames, we bowl 15. 10 frames is for Quakers!

Eric Z said...

Derek mis-remembering a conversation? Derek mistating the facts? No! Say it ain't so! That never happens!