Dec 17, 2008

Quotes from a 7 year old

Ah, to be an innocent 7 year old....these are actual quotes from Freddie over the past few weeks:

1) As Freddie and I were going to the Browns game before Thanksgiving, he saw that #10, Brady Quinn, was going to be the starter.

"Anderson's not starting?"

No, I said. Brady is in now.

"Hmmmm....is it an NFL rule that teams have to change quarterbacks every month?"

(I haven't asked him yet what he thinks about Dorsey).

2) Church pageant: we asked Freddie and Warren if they wanted to be in the Church Christmas pageant. After much hemming and hawing, Freddie agreed. "I'll do it this year", he said, "and then I'll take next year off. Then I'll do it again when I'm in 4th grade."

It's hard being a star, apparently.

3) Christmas time! Freddie and Janice went out shopping for a present, apparently for me. At the dinner table that night:

Freddie: "Hey Dad, we went out and got you a Christmas present. But it's a secret!"

Me: "Really? You can't tell me? You can't give me a hint?"

Freddie: "No! Mom said we're not allowed to tell you what your present is - and if we do, she'll take it back to GameStop."

Janice then buried her head in her hands.

So - is it Madden 09 or Tiger Woods PGA?

1 comment:

RRD said...

Considering my favorite video game of all time is European PGA Tour for Sega, I'd like a list of your top 5 video games.