Dec 7, 2008

NFL Week 14: Bill Corollo


We're getting to the homestretch here of the NFL regular season...and with the Browns' absolute collapse this year, it's leaving me deflated. Here's Bill Carollo. I got nothing else about him - he seems like a decent official, I have never had problems with him during a Browns game.

That's like what it's going to be at 1:00 today. Here's the Browns...starring Ken Dorsey. Wow. Playing at a feared defensive line at Tennessee, who has the best record in the AFC.

And to make matters worse, who is the announcing crew for this game? With Tennessee, the best team in the AFC, you'd think we get some sort of decent crew, like Gus or Dick or Greg.

But no - we get the #8 team - Don Criqui. God, is he terrible. So I get to listen to that as we fail to gain 100 yards of offense in a 51-3 loss today to the Titans. This is feeling like Spergon Wynn and the 2000 Browns all over again.

(and that was bad football.....)

NYG 27, Phi 20. It's hard for me to see how much of a hurt this Plaxico thing really is for the Giants. They've got so many other weapons....

NO 27, Atl 20. I think NO is better than their record.

Ind 23, Cin 10. Two weeks until the Fitzpatrick/Dorsey struggle at "sold-out" Browns' stadium!

GB 27, Hou 13. The bleeding will stop for the Packers here.

Min 27, Det 17. Is it really going to happen? The Lions go 0-16?

Chi 27, Jax 13. Jacksonville is like the stock market 6 months ago. All the signs were there for a collapse, but no one truly grasped how bad the situation was.

Sea 20, NE 17. Cassel vs Holmgren? Why do I still fall for the Seahawks?

NYJ 31, SF 20. I can't see the Jets losing another one....can they?

Den 23, KC 17. A letdown game for the Broncos

Buf 24, Mia 23. I have no idea who will show up for these two teams.

Pit 24, Dal 13. Wow, Pittsburgh is better than I thought. And I think Dallas is too weak emotionally to face teh Steelers.

Az 31, StL 13. Who has Warner on their fantasy team?

Bal 19, Was 9. OK, OK, I give up. I'll pick the Ravens this week (and of course, I will lose...)

Car 20, TB 17. There is not enough publicity for this game. This may be the best matchup we've seen in 6 weeks. And no one cares.

Best bets: 15 for today. Last week: 8-6. Overall: 110-82-4.

Phi/NYG over 42
NO -3
Cin/Ind under 41.5
GB -6
Hou/GB under 47.5
Chi -6.5
Sea +6.5
NYJ -3.5
NYJ/SF over 44.5
KC +9.5
KC/Den under 48.5
Pit -3
Az -14
Bal -5.5
Was/Bal under 35.5

1 comment:

RRD said...

The last time I remember hearing Don Criqui was the celebrity golf tournament at Tahoe.