Dec 20, 2008

NFL Week 16: Tony Corrente


Week 16 of this interminable NFL season is upon us. We finish up the last two weeks with two of the better refs in the league. Tony Corrente will be doing a Super Bowl soon - in fact, he was the alternate for Super Bowl 40 in Detroit. Just think - if he did the game instead of McAulay, would Mike Holmgren still be coaching, or be retired with 2 Super Bowl rings? Would Cowher still be with the Steelers? Would Bettis still be playing too? The mind boggles...

Anyway, the picks for this week (and you know I am honest with you, so I will provide my picks for the first 2 games this week):

Ind 27, Jax 9
Bal 23, Dal 20. Yes, I did predict this....I picked them to win straight up in my pick em pool.

TB 23, SD 13. Geesh, has San Diego mailed in this season, no?

Pit 23, Ten 21. I have no idea what will happen here. Will Pit be worn out after 5 tough games in a row? Are the Titans really this good?

(By the way, can I maim the ShamWOW guy so he doesn't appear on TV again? )

SF 20, StL 19. Just a hunch. Probably a bad one.

NE 33, Az 13. The Pats are desperate and need wins. They will jump on the Cardinals early and often.

Mia 20, KC 13. This AFC East will go down to next week.

NO 27, Det 17. Not this week. NO is just too good with Brees.

NYJ 24, Sea 16. Everyone wants to pick the Seahawks. I don't know.....the Seahawks had to hold on for dear life against the Rams....

Hou 27, Oak 9. This just smells like a trap for Houston. Can you have trap games for non-playoff teams?

Den 22, Buf 16. I can't believe that the Bills are that bad....are they?

Phi 24, Was 13. The Eagles will make the playoffs, I predict.

Atl 24, Min 20. Upset of the week.

NYG 20, Car 19. I have no clue about these teams anymore.

Chi 28, GB 13. The Bears want revenge from the 37-3 drubbing they received 5 weeks ago.

Cle 14, Cin 13. The exact score of the Cle-Cin game in 1991. 4 field goals and a safety for the Browns gave them the win. The kicker for the Browns that day? The rookie Matt Stover.

Best bets: 15 this week. Last week: 6-7-2 (overall: 128-93-6).

Ind -6 (W)
Bal +5.5 (W)
TB -3.5
SD/TB under 42.5
Pit/Ten over 34
Stl +5
NE -8
Mia -3.5
NYJ -3.5
Hou -7
Hou/Oak under 43.5
Buf/Den under 45
Phi -5
Atl +3
Chi -4

No comments: