Dec 30, 2008

Mothers

Check out this crazy story that took place right up the road from my office. I think his reaction is a bit excessive, but still brings up a very discerning trend that I see with mothers. They don't understand the meaning of loyalty. Too many times with myself or with my friends, I hear about the mother siding with an ex girlfriend when the son and the girl breakup. This happened to me when Amy and I broke up. The first thing out of my mom's mouth when I told her was "What did you do wrong?" What the hell is that all about. Then I had to hear for weeks on end about how great Amy was and that I should go back to her. That's great. That's exactly what I want to hear from my mom.

Then the same thing happened to Ben (twice) but his mom took it to another level. She actually stayed in contact with his ex's and would call Ben to tell him about what they were up to. What is in a mother's DNA to do this? Where is the loyalty to the son? You never see this happen with the Dad, only the mom.

And in the story above, this mom invites the guys ex wife to a Christmas party? And this is after a nasty divorce? Great idea. Way to send the guy over the edge.

No comments: