Dec 15, 2008

Material

I've been sort of quiet on the blog recently, mainly because I really didn't have much to talk about. I've been knee deep in work, buying a house, and dealing with the collapse of my fantasy football teams. Below are my recent ramblings to start off the week.

1. Gov Blago- I'm surprised I haven't seen any chatter on the blog about this idiot. The one thing I love though is his hair. And the fact that he has a hair brush that must be with him at all times and he calls "The Football". Nice.

2. And what is Obama doing with this Blago stuff. It's obvious to most of us that it is only natural and necessary for his staff to contact Blago about the Senate seat, so why are they being so hush hush about it? And this is after the FBI stated that Obama did nothing wrong. What is going on here? It's making them look like they did something wrong.

3. And the final word about Blago. Wouldn't he be a great addition to our Vegas trip? He would definitely be in charge of our room reservations. "Boys, what we have here is gold. 8 people wanting to spend money in Vegas. If they don't comp our rooms, Fuck them. Mirage, what are you going to give us? Nothing, Fuck you. We will stay in our cars then."

4. Bush and shoes- Um, wow. Two things from this shoe throwing incident. First, great job by Bush in dodging the shoes. Amazing reaction time. He should be a boxing trainer after he returns to Texas. And secondly, great form by the shoe thrower. The first throw is expected to be on target, but the second one, not only was he on target, but he did it while having some hands in his face. All in all, very impressive by everyone.

5. Things you don't want to hear your government say. "We have run out of tear gas". What the hell is going on in Greece.

6. Great story last week in the Wall Street Journal. Chucke Cheese has seen a sharp increase in violence at their MidWest locations. I guess the business idea of serving alcohol to adults was not a great idea. A cop in Milwaukee stated that he has been called to Chucke Cheese 4 times as more than the biker bar down the street.

7. So on Saturday I traveled up to Pasadena to some small English bar to watch Hull City vs. Liverpool. Yup. Woke up at 5:00am and drove 90 minutes to watch a soccer game. The reason was justified as I promised one of my supervisors, a South African who is a huge Liverpool fan, that I would watch a game with him. And since my favorite gambling team, Hull City was playing his team, I decided to bit the bullet and head on up there. And I was very impressed. The bar was a tiny hole in the wall, but very cool. 60 people crammed into the bar to watch the game. 58 of them were Liverpool fans. I was the only guy in the bar that didn't have a British accent. In the end it was a good time. Hull City took a 2-0 lead, but blew it, and ended up 2-2 tie. Still won money though, so I was happy.

8. Let's go Browns tonight!!! I'm up by 25 points in my one fantasy league and the other guy has McNabb going tonight. I have finished the regular season in second place and overall points leader in both of my leagues and I could win a total of ZERO dollars for the year. ugh.

2 comments:

thewolfinger said...

what was the name of the pub you saw the l-pool game at?

Layup said...

Lucky Baldwin