Dec 27, 2008

NFL Week 17: Gene Steratore


Here we are, the end of the season. I have put the Crennel firing watch at 16 1/2 hours after the end of the Steelers game...in 16 1/2 hours after the end of the game, the official word will come down and be reported on ESPN. Are you taking the over or under?

Week 17 saves the best ref for last ... Gene Steratore. Quality official, was the lead ref for one of the great Browns games last year (Browns-Seahawks), and I am convinced that he will get a good playoff assignment this year and a Super Bowl somewhere down the line.

Back to the Browns...4-12 this year, and back to the drawing board with a new coach and probably a new GM.....maybe, just maybe, we can turn it around in 2009 like the Falcons did this year. I think the talent is here on the team to be 8-8 this year....with a decent coach (Cowher? Marty?), I think 9-7 (or better?) is definitely possible next year. And the schedule gets a bit easier, playing the NFC North and the AFC West.

TB 24, Oak 13. I'm done trying to figure out either of these teams.

Pit 24, Cle 6. I can't figure this line out. We haven't scored an offensive touchdown in 5 games - and we are only 11 point underdogs? I know Pit will be playing their 2nd string...but cmon.

Car 23, NO 20. I think last week took a lot out of Carolina, and the Saints may win here.

Min 20, NYG 17. Like last year, the Giants will play hard to the end.
Ind 20, Ten 17. Neither team has anything to play for. And we Browns fans know that Jim Sorgi is no good....so why am I picking this game for the Colts, again?

Hou 27, Chi 17 After last week's close shave, I think the Bears are a fraud.

GB 23, Det 16. The Lions will make this close.

Cin 24, KC 21. This will officially send the Browns to last in the AFC North.

NE 31, Buf 17. The Pats will go all out in this one.

Atl 24, StL 10. Falcons stll may get a division title.

SF 24, Was 16. Yes, the collapse of the Skins continues.

Az 28, Sea 17. I just gotta believe that the Seahawks shot their last wad last week, and Arizona needs to prove something - anything! - at home.

Phi 24, Dal 23. I have no idea...so I'm picking how I will be rooting.

NYJ 20, Mia 17, OT. Would it be any other way - coming down to OT?

Bal 26, Jax 10. Yes, the Ravens clinch a playoff spot. Wow.

SD 27, Den 24. I don't think the Broncos will lie down and give this spot to the Chargers. And it is Norv Turner as the Chargers coach, after all.

Best bets: 15 this week: Last week: 7-7-1; overall: 135-100-7.

Pit -11 (I usually never bet on the Browns game, but c'mon....)
Car/NO Under 51
NYG +7
Ind +3
Hou -3
Det +11
KC/Cin over 39
NE -5.5
NE/Buf over 40
StL/Atl under 44
SF -3
AZ -7
NYJ/Mia under 43
Bal -11
Den +8

No comments: