Oct 16, 2008

So THAT is why we stay up to watch these games

What a game. At first I said, "well at least we didn't get shutout". Then it was, "well at least we can make it respectable". Then it was "Holy bleep JD Epidural Drew!!!".

These games have been torture, starting with the marathon game 2. I was up in NH for that game, watching it with my dad. Coming into the weekend I am averaging about 4 hours sleep/night (due to ANOTHER new job with a startup - yes and then the economy cratered. great timing!). Anyhoo, since we have a major release going out next week I have been up till about 2 or 3AM every night. So I was already dead tired going into that game 2. Well, my dad and I were watching it in two recliners, and we were both fading with each inning. Each inning we were reclining more and more. Finally by the 12th, I was basically watching the game on an inversion board with a blanket and one eye open. Here is the thing, I don't mind when they keep me up if they win, I only mind when they lose! I always say that strange things happen at Fenway in October, and I am glad that 2008 didn't disappoint.


So what the hell is going to happen in game 6?? Its all about Beckett. People are talking about the oblique. THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE OBLIQUE. He hasn't thrown with the same velocity since they had him take an MRI on his elbow back in August (he had tingling in the fingers). He has been about 92-95 since that DL stint. The real Beckett is about 94-97, usually on the upper end of that range. Supposedly, the MRI came back clean, and they thought everything would be fine. But, Beckett admitted in August that he had been dealing with numbness occasionally throughout the season. So he isn't right, and the results seem to prove that. I am curious to see how he comes out, and how the Rays react. If the Sox somehow win game 6, then its staff against staff and who knowes?

How about the JD Drew walkoff happening at the same minute, the same day after the Aaron Boone HR in 2003 ALCS. Ha! My a LOT has changed since that moment....

2 comments:

Eric Z said...

Dammit! I was watching Steve Harvey Saturday night - and they interrupted it to put on game 6 of the ALCS! What just happened?

:)

Kidding of course. Jay, are you still alive after that?

Schillzilla said...

Ha! Yes I angrily texted layup about the situation. Unbelievable.

I was thinking it was Directv, until I called my dad (who was at a friends house "watching" the game) and they were all cursing their cable and panicking as well.

Got the Rays right where we want em....