Oct 9, 2008

It's time to do something

I've got a lot of blogging to do - such as detailing my recent experiences with two Presidents and talking about the election and the "bailout" package that people suddenly say "it's not enough"....

but I wanted to put out something publicly that may spur me to action.

The baby and everything else going on has caused me to really neglect my health. I've now set record highs for weight - and it needs to be fixed. Now.

So - I am publicly committing to lose 15 pounds by Vegas.

(as you can see, I'm notstupid enough to put my actual weight here on the blog).

15 pounds lost in 5 months. 3 pounds a month.

It can be done, I think, with simple lifestlye changes.

1) Get more sleep. OK - scratch that. Maybe in January.
2) Eat a little better. The snacking off the kids' plate has got to stop. "Freddie? Are you going to finish that meatball? No? Well, don't mind if I do!"
3) Exercise more. Jog 3 times a week vs. the current 1-2 times a month.

Little changes - and I mean little, not these crash diet things, like " I'll eat only salads for a month!" - should be enough to lose 3 pounds a month.

We'll see how I do. If you see updates on the progress here, great! If not, that must mean I'm off the wagon.

(Maybe if I promise to run 5 miles every time the Browns lose.....that would get me to lose 30 pounds by the end of the season!)

2 comments:

Wiz said...

You should just jog to Vegas (and back).

mer said...

I have no Freddie's but I still have have girlfriends..."not going to finish you dinner, well we can't let that go to waste"...so it goes to my waist.