Oct 10, 2008

Ahhh...It pays off being managed by the Swiss

In steps the negotiator. At a time like this I'm proud to work for a company that is run by the conservative swiss financial firm.


http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122359713514921305.html?mod=testMod


And for those of you wondering, yes AIG's function was at the St. Regis next to my house. That place is so expensive that I've only been over there with my parents to have breakfast once. A simple omelet breakfast for the three of us ran $100 including tip. Carol, my parents, and I once tried to eat lunch there, but a simple hamburger was $32. I did not feel bad when we all got up and left while laughing at the prices. The place is a joke.

Just got a memo from our home office urging us to control the use of our copier machines and these assholes are going to the St. Regis. Its going to feel real good taking them over.

3 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Sorry to hijack your topic here, but I just wanted to say how glad I am that our government passed that bailout bill. Without that bailout I'm sure the stock market would really be crashing right now. Oh wait, it's doing that anyway. Score another one for the idiots in charge.

jorge blogsada said...

Not to forcibly kidnap, bag its head, and dump your interruption in the trunk of layup's '76 ford sedan, duder, but layup, be real. "Simple omelette, simple hamburger?" How can you be so sure that something 4times as much as the national average is simple? Perhaps if you weren't so busy "bailing out" disaster victims with your swiss francs you'd have time to luxuriate in $75 per pound meat, and I don't mean the kind from thai bathhouses.

And dude the market is not crashing; it's correcting one destroyed soul at a time.

thewolfinger said...

any company that sells property & casualty insurance can never claim to be conservative--they're just too ignorant of the risks that they are taking.

actuaries are great at modeling life expectancy, but assuming normal distributions for things like hurricanes is absurd.

in addition, let's remember that the swiss aren't so conservative. does anyone remember the UBS ltcm call that was written?