Oct 18, 2008

NFL Week 7: Mike Carey

After the Browns' big win, they need to come out and look good again. Well, not just look good - but be good too. Which brings us to Mike Carey.

Mr. Carey looks the part - looks authoritative, dresses nice - but unfortunately, he's not that good of a ref. I especially hate his "suspenseful" calls, where he calls the infraction ("holding"), and then seems to point against one team before pointing the other way. I hate it.

Is that what the Browns will be this week? A Mike Carey? A team that now looks good but will annoy me? We will see at 4:15 Eastern on Sunday...

Dal 28, StL 27. Yes, I buy into the "sinking Dallas Cowboys" theory.

NYG 38, SF 10. The Giants will be out for blood in a game they have to win.

Mia 20, Bal 10. I still don't like Flacco on the road - and the 1st half of the Pittsbrugh game is starting to look like the exception rather than the rule.

Ten 23, KC 13. What to say about this game? I have Bo Scaife on my fantasy team....

Pit 27, Cin 17. Look, Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing better as teh Cincy QB. Pittsburgh will go up 20-0 real early and cruise from there.
Chi 147, Min 0. Even if I am off by 50 points on both teams, I'm still ok in our suicide pool.

NO 23, Car 20. Yes, call me a sucker for taking the Saints on the road. But I think they're starting to click now and are turning into the 2006 Saints.

Buf 31, SD 20. Too many factors against the Chargers here - cross country road trip, big emotional win, Edwards now back for Buffalo.

Hou 27, Det 24. Everyone give Layup a supporting phone call at 6:35 Eastern when this game is 20-20 going into the 4th quarter.....

NYJ 21, Oak 16. The "new" "old" NY Titans uniforms are growing on me.

GB 24, Ind 17. Green Bay at home against a team that can't stop the run? Yes, I'll take it.

TB 23, Sea 17. I think Seneca Wallace is starting for the Seahawks. That's the rule now - one week per year of Charlie Frye for any NFL team, and then Frye must be pulled.

NE 28, Den 20. Again, Den is not as good as its record, and I like Cassel and the Patriots to get back on track at home.


Cle 24, Was 21. Good Derek emerges for the second straight week.

Best bets: 15 this week. Last week: 9-5; total: 53-37-2.


StL +7
Dal/StL over 44
NYG -10
Mia -3
Bal/Mia under 36.5
Pit/Cin over 34.5
Chi -3
NO +3
Buf -1
SD/Buf over 44
Det +9.5
GB +1
Ind/GB under 47
Sea +10.5
NE -3

No comments: