Aug 8, 2007

NutriSystem and me

I swear the following story is absolutely true.

Our son, Freddie (age 6), is starting to become a typical American consumer. Whenever he watches TV and a commercial comes on, he calls one of us over and asks if we can get whatever is being sold on TV. It could be Floam, the automatic Juicer, or Strawberry Shortcake. If he sees it, he falls hook, line and sinker for the ad.

Anyway, this morning I got up and turned on ESPN2 to watch Mike and Mike for a bit; I then headed into the shower. When I got out of the shower, Freddie has woken up and is watching ESPN2 in my room.

"Daddy - you need to buy this!"

Hmmm... I wonder what it is.

"It's food that will make you thin!"

He's watching those NutriSystem commercials that feature Don Shula, Dan Marino and Mike Golic. You know - they lose 20, 30, 40 pounds once they start the Nutri System diet.

"You can eat breakfasts, dinner, even dessert with this food!"

I think he memorized the tag line.

And the worst part? He comes over to me as I am wearing nothing but a towel.

"You should buy this food - call 1- 8-0-0-6-9-8... " and then he stopped because the next four numbers were "T-H-I-N", but I think he got confused seeing letters where numbers should be...

and then he slapped me on my stomach.

"See? Call this number and you can get rid of this just like the guys on TV!"

4 comments:

4micah said...

I lost 11 lbs on Nutrisystem. No lie. Burgers, pizza, even POT ROAST...

dzahn07 said...

And now Micah's testicles are the size of marbles, but hey, he can fit into a 28 inch waist.

Micah, you are very close of being exiled from the Vegas trip for dieting on Nutrisystem.

4micah said...

You're right, the Vegas daquiri drinking crowd is way too manly for me...

Buck Super Stereo said...

being the ad man of the group, this brings a tear to my eye.

we got another one. good for my team.