Jul 21, 2009

Obama ratings: plummeting among 5-8 year olds

The boys' favorite TV show is, by far, "Wipeout". (For whatever reason, iCarly is second). They can't get enough of it, and will watch each episode at least 3-4 times.

I had to give them the bad news tonight: tomorrow, they will have to wait until Thursday to watch Wipeout since it won't be on at 8.

"Why not? Why can't we watch Wipeout?"

Well, because President Obama is talking to the nation at that time.

"About what?"

Well, health care......

Long pause.....

"We don't have to watch that, do we?"

No, no you don't.

"Doesn't he know Wipeout is on at 8 that day?"

I guess not.

"Well", they said, disappointed. "I guess we can wait a day to watch it."

I saw an opportunity to recruit some activists. "Would you guys like to write a letter to the President telling him how disappointed you are that you can't watch Wipeout?"

I got 1 yes and 1 no.

1 comment:

Layup said...

wipeout has become one of my favorite shows. one of the best shows to tivo and fly through in about 20 minutes.