Jul 14, 2009

Obama and the ASG

What did you guys think of Obama throwing out the first pitch? I didn't mind the ChiSox jacket - he's a real fan, so that was OK. Now...before I go on I want to say - I go to work in flip flops, shorts and a golf shirt - as most of you know I am hardly buttoned up with regards to my appearance. The last time I wore a tie, my son asked why I was "wearing a long string on my neck?!?" BUT....despite that, for some reason I didn't like Obama in jeans. Just felt like he should have been in something a little nicer. Doesn't need to be a tux or anything, but jeans?? C'mon man.

6 comments:

Layup said...

I didn't mind the clothes, but I did mind the throw. For a guy who is supposed to be an athlete that throw was terrible. A big joke.

Schillzilla said...

Yes, agreed the throw was pretty weak. He was talking to Wake before the game asking him to about the knuckleball grip, I think he should have gone that route.

RRD said...

I'd imagine his throw would have been better if he wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest under the jacket.

The Dudeman said...

A long string on your neck, Jay? Were you wearing one of those cowboy shoestring ties?

Schillzilla said...

No just a regular tie. He had never seen me wear one, and he just looked at me with this "what the he'll" face.

Eric Z said...

Saw some of the interview in the booth.....it is saying something when there is a group of 3 people, and out of those 3, I have the warmest feelings for Obama!

I have no problem with the jeans. And also I have no problem with the jacket (however, what if I become president? Would I be allowed to wear a Chief Wahoo jacket?)

About the throw - I did hear that he never played baseball growing up. I'm not sure how one can be called an "athlete" and not play baseball - but that explains a lot.

Forget the birth certificate - should one of the qualifications of our President be: the President must play baseball(or softball) growing up? Discuss.