Jul 20, 2009

Layla will have a female playing partner in Blackjack

Found out late last week that Carol and I are having a little girl. Don't want to gooch anything yet since it really isn't official. With three nephews I was sort of hoping for a little girl. Thinking that I could train her to kick my nephews asses in poker as well as show her how to properly roll craps.

But this weekend I went out and found what seems to be the Talbots for little kids clothing department. I bought a very nice and sensible pair of slacks and a blouse in a size 3-6 months. Compare this to Carol's 10 dresses that she already purchased. My daughter will not be wearing any dresses. Khakis or capris are the only thing that will be allowed in my house. Nothing above the knee.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Good luck with that. My 2 year old alternates between her princesses and Little Mermaid nightgowns. She refuses to wear anything else and most the time, it's not worth the fight.

skeetskeet11 said...

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to "How to raise a lesbian, lesson 1".

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

laurad said...

Congratulations on continuing the streak of Easton 1 girls. (10 out of 11 now) Seriously, can't anyone else out there have a boy???

Sweet said...

#11 ...thanks for making me cry

Schillzilla said...

Congrats! Getting closer on any names?

Eric Z said...

Two words:

American Girl.

Just ask Don.

I'll see you in Chicago in about 8 years...when I'm taking the boys to Wrigley, or to a Blackhawks-Jackets game, you'll have fun shopping on Michigan Avenue buying stuff that you had no clue existed. Your final tab at that store will be bigger than the bankroll for your last Vegas trip.