Oct 2, 2009

Are you kidding me?


So, this morning, OK it was actually closer to noon, I open the garage door and notice 2 things: my garbage can lying on its side and a man trying to fix his broken umbrella. I don't exactly live in the hood but I am a city dweller. So, I tend to avoid eye contact with some of the locals. I open the trunk of my car and start getting my gym bag ready in case on the off chance I go to the gym after work tonight. Now, I've backed in so I'm basically hidden behind the car. After, I finish in the trunk, no longer than a minute, I look up and see that both the man and my can are gone. WTF? A little irritated, I drive around the area for 10 minutes and they are no where to be found.

Unrelated, I'm driving to work this morning (again closer to noon) and I notice that I have a huge hole in the crotch of my pants. Now, I don't remember the last time I wore pants. I even went to a wedding this summer in shorts, well, it was in Vegas. Actually, come to think of it, I wore pants that day 'cause we had VIP entry to the 101 club on top the Palms and I couldn't get in. So, I had to go back to Caesars and put pants on. But, I digress. So, the question is, do I drive home and change or say screw it?

BTW, I could have posted a picture of the hole in my crotch or of what Amanda wore to the wedding. I think I made the right choice.

3 comments:

Layup said...

Kermit,

Where are the spare pants in the trunk of the car? Didn't you learn anything from my days in the Long Beach office?

mer said...

Good point. I usually have an assortment of clothes in the car. Currently, no pants other than rain pants and gym shorts. And, I work in a very casual office with no women so no big deal. But now, I'm going to the bar...will people notice? And if they do, why are they looking at my crotch?

Eric Z said...

"I work in a very casual office"

And rain pants wouldn't work there? Of course they would...

...except when you sound like you are in a wet suit as you walk down the hall.