Oct 29, 2009

I'm Torn...

I hate the Yankees, but I also hate the National League and all things Philadelphia (minus the cheesesteaks). So, short of the stadium collapsing, I'm not sure what to root for.

Clearly, Schillzilla has let his Yankee hatred make his pick for him. I think that that's an easier call when you're a Red Sawx fan, but it's not that cut and dried for me. I watched the game last night and figured that I would just naturally root for one team that would just be what it was. I found myself rooting against both teams, hating it when either was successful, unable to enjoy either team's success.

Can anyone help me make this decision? Or should I just start my Patriot league college hoops prep now and write off baseball all together?

3 comments:

Eric Z said...

You are asking a blog with a lot of Cleveland fans who to root for in the World Series? When Game 1 was Cliff Lee vs C C Sabathia?

That's like asking us who we want to win the AFC North when it comes down to Pittsburgh vs Baltimore.

(Seriously, I'm rooting for the Phils. No reason - I'm neutral toward the Phillies and I have a natural dislike of the Yanks. And I would like my boys to never see a Yankees World Series win in their lives extend for another year.......)

Schillzilla said...

Eric what you said about your boys not seeing a nyy world series was so beautiful, it brought a tear to my eye.

RRD said...

I'm team agnostic, and have adopted a similar approach for the NFL, American Galadiators, and classic bowling.