Mar 31, 2009

Predictions

Still can't shake this flu crap that I've had for 10 days. Ugh. Everytime I think its better, I get slammed with a fever or a terrible cough. Just terrible.

So as I sit here waiting for the end of the day I thought I would throw up my baseball predictions. Now, I reviewed the last couple of years of predictions and I've come up with one main theme. I'm absolutely terrible predicting who is going to be good, but I'm pretty solid with predicting who is going to be bad. So I think that's what I'm going to stick with this year.


Who will suck?
Brewers: I will give someone $20 if they can tell me off the top of their heads who is their starting rotation? Who will pick up the slack with CC and Sheets gone? And its great to see Trevor Hoffman will be closing for them, except that he will be injured to start the season. I like them to suck so bad that I took the under on their win total of 81.5.

Tigers: Really? 81.5 is the over/under in wins? Vegas is predicting an 8 game improvement? Based on what???? Cabrera and Ordonez will be gone by mid year due to some major financial issues that the Tigers have going on right now. They apparently only sold half of the expected season tickets they were expecting and have a $125 million payroll. I'm not making the mistake twice in a row. This under is as easy as going in 4 X with Jack Ten suited in Ultimate Texas Holdem.

Phillies: Lidge can't repeat his performance from last year, there will be a drop in the Burrell-Ibanez production, and there has to be a world series hangover right? And will the Mets collapse again this season? I'm banking against it. Take the under of 88.5

Padres: Worst team in baseball got even worse this year. They lost Trevor Hoffman, Greene, and a couple of low end starters. How will they not lose 100 games this year. If I believe that, then I have to unload on the under for their win total of 71.5. Right? Mark it up.

Oakland: I won't bet on this, but 82.5 wins is the over/under. That's an 8 win improvement over last year. Hmmm. Is that what Giambi, Cabrera, and Holliday brings to the table? Maybe, but what about the starters? Gone is Harden and Blanton and Duke is shelved for a while. They are replaced by Cahill, Anderson, Braden, Eveland, and Gallagher. That's two rookies anchoring our staff. My hopes are high, but in reality it is not looking so good. Anything will be better than last year where we couldn't get anyone past 1st base for 7 innings and then when we did, we always left them stranded at second. Horrendous.


So I do like the Rangers, Mets, Cincy, White Sox, and the Mariners overs.

No comments: