Mar 15, 2009

Quick Thoughts

While watching Gumble and an anorexic Greg Anthony announce the brackets, here are my thoughts...

1. God, can they drag this out anymore?
2. I really do like Gumble. Nothing better than hearing his voice break in with an update on a possible upset.
3. Midwest- Great matchup for Sienna. Arizona is in, bad news for the Terps. Terrible matchup for Eric's North Dakota St. Great news for Eric with Dayton getting in at an 11 seed. I guess it wasn't that close for them.
4. West-Memphis will crush Northridge. They are terrible. Terps a 10??!!?!?!?!?! WOW. WOW!!!!! Make sure you ask Eric about Missouri. Very interesting take on them that was in direct contridiction of my thoughts, but I now agree with him. And my boys from Utah St. has a nice matchup. They should be favored. Let's hope it is a busy day at the Cabana on Saturday with both the Boilermakers and Terps still going.
5. East- Upset region. I like Oklahoma St, Wisconsin, Portland St, Lee's team American, and VCU. Pitt should be able to roll through this bracket.
6. South- LSU an 8 vs Butler? Should be a great game. Let's go Zips. Clemson vs Morgan ST in the second round?

So PSU, St. Mary's, Creighton, San Diego St, Va Tech, and New Mexico are out. If you would of swapped them with the ones that made it, I don't think you here many complaints. So many weak teams that the first round should be full up upsets. Hopefully. I will follow this up probably on Tuesday with a more in depth look at the matchups.

3 comments:

Wiz said...

Can this trip get any better?? UMD and Clemson first time in 10+ years that both have ever been in the big dance together. This trip will be out of control with those two in plus Purdue, Clev St., Morgan State, Dayton, ND St!! Come on, release the ladies brackets!

Also, Clemson and UMD are both playing in KC. Can we get there from Vegas and if not, god please have Gus Johnson covering those games!

Eric Z said...

It really is amazing....the selection committee must have read this blog and found out that we have golf plans on Fri and Sun.

Clemson, Maryland, Purdue, Akron all playing Thursday. Wow.

4micah said...

I'm not sure why I continue to read this blog. It is very painful.

I entered a contest on Friday night at a bar to win a free trip to Vegas for March Madness. It's my last hope...