Mar 16, 2009

I Believe....

  1. That I haven't been this excited for a trip ever. Maybe because of the group or a needed escape from work, but I can't even concentrate anymore.
  2. That the failure of "Drop, Lock and Pop It" to catch on during last trip will not happen again. I'm going to push for "Like a Lollipop" as this years catch phrase.
  3. That the Cabana won't be as much fun as last year. Expectations are set way too high for it to live up to it. The great thing about the Cabana last year was that we didn't know what to expect and it ended up being a great day. Let's hope that the location of this years Cabana can increase the fun from last year.
  4. That we all will be shocked on how much Vegas has changed due to the economy. Gambling behaviors will be amazing to watch. Tables will be extremely dead while foot traffic will still look the same.
  5. That with the above comment, we will own a craps table for an extended period of time.
  6. That with the above comment, we will be split up evenly on two BJ tables and will have a side wager on which table will win more money during a session.
  7. That this will result in Eric being forced to bet $25 a hand and then having to double down which will result in him acting like Charles Nelson Rielly.
  8. That Credit Card Roulette will make its triumphant return during this trip.
  9. That Don will be the loser again on CC Roulette.
  10. That I will get in a big argument about my cigar smoking with someone at a BJ table.
  11. That I will accidentally ash on a craps table with my cigar.
  12. That I will be called an "idiot" by Wiz at least 100 times during the trip.
  13. That we will all be called "idiots" by the Ultimate Texas Holdem dealer for going in blind.
  14. That I will be drunk before 10:00am everyday.

3 comments:

mer said...

I'm just as excited, maybe 'cause it's about the only trip I have planned for the next 6 months or maybe just 'cause it's always the best trip of the year.

And no settling for big losses. Screw that. I just checked my records and saw that I lost $500 at that fucking Wheel of Fortune, $900 at blackjack, etc. The only games I won at were craps ($300) and guess the waitresses age which I took $5 from Don.

Sweet said...

I believe…

…actually, I really don’t know what to believe anymore. Except, that this is my favorite pre-trip thread.

…that I want to play more poker on this trip. I think I said that last year as well.

…that I will treat this as a vacation. Time to relax, enjoy the games, the occasional sauna, plenty of alcohol and of course the cabana.

…that a Tom Collins is a tasty drink, then again, that is only hear-say. I’ll need to trust my source.

…that I now know how to consume tequila shots. There is a key here, and it is dangerously good.

…that if you wager either way on the Boilers, you are foolish. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

…that we will not enjoy Pai Gow Tiles. The pace is very slow and requires a bit of thought even though there are only 3 main groupings and then 2 minor choices. However, it might take place in the high limit area where the drinks are sweet.

…I will try a few more games this year, namely roulette and ultimate texas hold-em. I wonder if anyone in this group and knowledge on how to play either one.

…we will love the cabana again. I say this assuming the weather report holds and it is warmer than last year. Warmer weather has so many positive advantages.

Eric Z said...

I believe....

Eric's dream will come true and that there will be open craps table aplenty on this trip

That I will stupidly be talked into playing Pai Gow tiles once

That I will ask like Charles Nelson Reilly no matter what the stakes

That I will learn to be more aggresive at craps bets when the table is warm/hot

That I will be cussing out Kermit for the above strategy when things don't go well

That we should charge admission for bystanders when Layup/Wiz head over to Roulette table

That Layup's idea of one blackjack table vs another, consisting solely of people on this trip, is the best idea ever....

...and could end very, very badly

That Don and Mike will be addicted to Texas Holdem by the end of the trip

That we will have all of our food comped due to our play

That someone else can be a "runner" and run to the Mirage during Cabana day to place women's bets
(oh, who am I kidding....)

That I will continually forget how to play soft hands in blackjack and get yelled at by Wiz


(quick - A-7 vs a 8. What to do?)


That I am convincing myself never, never, never place a horn bet on the come out....

and, like a hopeless alcoholic, I will do that within the first hour of playing craps.

That I will take the surrender at least once during the trip.

and finally,

that I can go 20-15 or better on the big sports bets I make.