Feb 3, 2008

A long run has ended

Wow, I can't believe the Pats lost that freaking game. I mentioned to DZ earlier that I thought it would be a close low scoring game, but I didn't think THAT low scoring. I can't really think too rationally about this game right now, but I knew they were going to lose when Tyree made that amazing catch after Eli escaped. That was just a horrible omen.

I am actually thinking at a more macro level right now. How when a dynasty finally gets beat in the Finals, they usually don't make it back (or it takes a long time to get back). I am thinking about the 01 Rams, the 97 Packers, the 01 Yankees. None of those teams were able to get back to that level, their Finals loss started the beginning of the end. Oh well...

Congrats to the NY Giants. Unbelievably, they made all the plays at the end when they needed to.

No comments: