Jun 7, 2008

Saturday Ramblings

Wow what a day.

  • So this morning I recommend to Eric that we need to get involved in the opening rounds of the Euro Cup, and when I say "get involved" I mean wagering. So Eric and I take the Czech Republic against the Swiss and I end up watching the entire match. First off, I love the announcers. Nothing in particular other than their accents. Secondly, I could really get into wagering on these games. It was so intense for most of the game. When the Czechs scored late in the second half I ran around my living room and kitchen just yelling "GOOOOOOAAAL" with Carol watching in shock. Then I was in the fetal position on the couch till the end as there were two missed hand ball calls in the penalty box for the Swiss that was not called. The bad part of it all was the text I got just minutes ago from Eric "How about the over in the Austria-Croatia match and a draw in the Germany Poland match." Ladies and Gentleman, I think we have found the missing link in sports gambling to hold us over until the NFL.
  • Second gambling comment- PGA Golf pools. Greatest...THING...EVER!!!! So Wiz got Eric and I involved in a PGA Golf pool where we have to pick a single golfer to win each event and you can't use the same guy twice. At the beginning I wasn't too into it, but it has been building week by week and now it has taken over my life. So on Monday-Wednesday, Eric and I discuss what golfer to take in detail and then Thursday-Sunday I'm watching as much golf as possible. I either watched or followed 100% Tim Clarks rounds this week.
  • Who would of thought that the Dodgers-Czech Republic-Tim Clark-Da'Tara parlay would of been the lock. And oh yeah I would of done it if I could have.
  • Speaking of Da'Tara, please call Eric to give him a hard time in talking me out of wagering on Da'Tara to win. We ended up wagering him to show so it wasn't a total loss, but it could of been better.
  • And finally Tim Clark and Steven Ames. Thank you for your hardwork today. Let's hope it pays off. Oh, and F you Wiz. Nice try on the reverse gooch.
  • It was a very nice gambling day today.
  • Note to the readers- Eating a fish burrito at 9:0pm the night before and backing it up with two bowls of Fiber One (55% of your fiber intake per serving) the next morning is not recommended. I read most of my magazines and then had to dip into Carol's Us Weekly, an old People, and even a Women's Fitness to cover the amount of downtime I had to take in the bathroom this morning. And Women's Fitness was very interesting. They did a shampoo ranking and P&G shit didn't make the list. I'll post it if anyone wants to see what it said.
  • Went and looked at houses in Long Beach today. Nothing like $700 per square foot for homes in shitty neighborhoods. The housing market is hitting California pretty bad but not near LA. We viewed a 1400 square foot home that was built in the 1930's that only had the kitchen redone and it was just reduced to $1 million. What a bargain.
  • Just want to say that I'm a little sad that Greg on the Real World has been sent home. He is now on the level of Spencer for the biggest dick on TV that I actually like. And by the way, this Real World has been amazing. If any of you liked the Real World before and stopped watching it because you were getting too old, please watch this season. Just amazing.

No comments: