Jun 11, 2008

Is that you corky?

So I was talking with Dick the other day and he was out in Vegas. He was staying at the Golden Nugget and after his afternoon meetings, he decided to go and play some BJ. He said that he found a $10 table with one lady sitting at third base. Dick sat down at 1st base, exchanged 200 and was immediately dealt Black Jack. As Dick collected his money, he noticed that the dealer was explaining to the lady on what to do. "OK, so you don't want to hit since you have 17 and I have a 4 showing." Dick didn't think anything was wrong with this until he looked up at the lady and realized that there was something different about her. The women had down- syndrome, or as Dick said, a mongoloid. Dick was in shock. He first asked the dealer if it was legal, and the dealer didn't understand what Dick's problem was. Then Dick asked to color up and left the table.

I have to agree with Dick. How is this legal? Basically the dealer is having to play the ladies hand for her since she has no idea what is going on? Any thoughts on this?

1 comment:

mer said...

I think Dick fucked up. Assuming two things that the dealer wasn't an asshole and he knew the book, the woman was going to play correctly with his guidance. I'd rather have her at my table than some jackoff who doubles down on 6's and 7's. Just joking Wiz.

Now think of it this way. Suppose it was some hot big breasted blond sitting there who also happens to be dumb as rock. How long would Dick have sat there staring at her breasts and her stupid plays? Thinking, awww that's cute the big tittied blond is learning the game. Well, you know I would have blown a few hundred dollars there staring at her tits even if she was taking the dealers bust card.

As to whether it's ethical, sure why not. Do I go to Vegas to win money? Yeah, but do I. I break even less than 50% of the time. The rest are losses. And this year trip was the biggest loss ever but I had the best time. So, if the down-syndrome woman was having fun, let her lose money like me. At least she probably has somebody holding her cash and they probably won't let her put hundreds in the Wheel or Blazin' 7's.

Finally, don't you kind of wish that stupid people had to wear a sign or something on there head so you could actively avoid them. I'm talking about people who stand on 15's and 16's. I don't want to sit at their table. If I had some kind of warning ahead of time, I could just walk away.