Apr 22, 2008

Houston

I find it pretty funny that the Rockets are all up in arms over the Flop Call last night, when they have the player that took it to another level in college. That's right, Shane Battier plays for the Rockets and he was the king of the flop back in his Duke days. So I really have a tough time feeling bad for the Rockets. Great game though.

Some additional quick thoughts on the NBA playoffs:

  1. The NBA playoffs usually peek my interest and I start watching more games, but this year I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of good first round match ups. The Wiz-Cavs series is turning into the Heat-Knicks of the past. Lebron is just taking it to another level. This has been an outstanding series so far and one that I will make sure I watch from here on out.
  2. NO-Mavs- This is one that I wanted to put money down, but didn't and now I'm shooting myself. This is a case of going against public opinion. I have yet to hear one person take New Orleans in this series, which was a red flag. Watching that first game it was obvious that New Orleans will take this series in 5 games.
  3. Suns-Spurs- Easily the best 1st round match up ever.
  4. Lakers-Nugs- If the Nugs could just play one ounce of defense...but they can't which means that Luke Walton will go for 20 each night. How embarrassing. Luke freaking Walton is lighting up your team on a nightly basis.
  5. Philly-Detroit- I don't think I'm cheering for another team to lose more than Detroit. I hate the way that they play and I would just like to see them exit early. Despite losing game one, I still think that they will take the series.
  6. Will a Lakers Celtics matchup create more hype on ESPN than Colts-Pats?
  7. Why is it that I enjoy all the laughing and joking that goes on with the TNT crew, but hate it when it is the ESPN, Fox, or CBS football crews?

No comments: