Apr 13, 2008

Hello Friends....Sunday ramblings

Happy Master's Sunday!!! Hope everyone is inside and lounging on the couch today watching the pros hack up the course.




  • PGA Golf Pool- This by far is probably the best gambling pool I have ever been in. My interest in golf has increased ten fold. I'm starting to learn the announcers by name and voice, know all of the low end golfers, and watch more golf than usual, even if Tiger is not involved.

  • On that note, fuck Justin Rose. YOU SUCK!!! Your performance on Friday puts you in the Rutgers realm. I will always root against you from here on out.

  • Am I the only one who thinks that Jim Nance should only do golf? He is perfect as the host for golf. Its obvious he knows what he is talking about, and his soft voice is perfect. But this doesn't translate into football and college basketball. I absolutely hate him for these two sports, but love him for the Masters. I'm trying to think if there is anyone else that falls into this type of category?

  • Did anyone notice Chad Campbell's "hat tan line" from the Houston Open? It was one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen. His forehead, which was covered by his hat for pure white, while the rest of his face was all burnt from the sun. I thought something was wrong with my TV at the beginning, but then realized that it was an actual hat tan line. Ugh....

  • Eric pointed out to me this morning that Vin Scully was the 18th hole announcer at the Masters back in the 70s. WOW!!! What a treat.

  • Who can get Masters' tickets? Actually let me rephrase this. What normal person can get Masters' tickets? There is a guy that I used to work with who could get Masters' tickets, but the guy is such a tool, there is no way I would ever travel back East to go. And we all know about Eric's friend Kenny.
  • And I think we can all agree that Immelman's wife has officially taken over Michelson's wife as the hottest wife in golf.

2 comments:

Wiz said...

Good post here.
1. I think Verne Lundquist should never leave his post at 16. Yes, you heard me right, he should live above 16 all year round. That guys is magical!
2. Masters tickets. I have never gone and am dying to go. I applied for Masters practice round tickets for next year. Do the same. Go to masters.org and there is an address on there.
3. Trevor's wife is so hot, plus she has that sexy South African accent as well.
4. Pretty boring tournament although it is still one of my favorite days of the year, nothing like Masters Sunday and that goofy Butler Cabin scence with Nantz and Billy Payne.
5. Has Joe Ford ever broken a smile?
6. Immelman's wedge game from 90 yards in won him the tournament.
7. Not sure what happened to Flesch's shot on 12? It wasn't the wind. I thought he would make a charge.
8. Phil lost the Masters back on Sunday when on #8 he was 55 yards out and hit the flagstick causing a sure birdie to become a bogey. He never recovered.
9. KJ Choi was a disappointment. So was Jeev Milkah Singh. Really like his game.
10. Brandt Snedecker is a class act.

Eric Z said...

"YES for Player! YES for Gary Player!"

That was Vin's call on 18 when Player made birdie to shoot 64 and go into the lead.

At teh very least, we should use this call at the bacarrat table when we are betting on the player....