Nov 17, 2007

Three work pet peeves



Of course, have to start this game day post with the Case logo to the right. If anyone else is interested, internet audio of the biggest football game in Ohio* this weekend can be found here.

PS - Let's stuff the ballot box for 2007 Coach of the Year! Vote here for Coach Greg Debeljak!

OK - three work pet peeves from this week:

1) A lot of the doors at work have now been equipped with a automatic-open system. There is a button about 10 feet from the door that people can push to have the door automatically open. The handicap icon is on the button - so the intended use is for people with disabilities to use those buttons to open the doors. I've got no problems with that.

BUT - if you are an able-bodied 25 year old, you have no need for that button. Hey Lazy ass, open the door yourself. I'm walking on the other side of the door toward the door, and 2 25-year olds push the button - and the door swings open and almost hits me. Hey jackass, open the door yourself. How lame are you? I swear, I think I am the only one to actually not be lazy and open the door manually.

2) Why did God make chocolate chip cookies and oatmeal raisin cookies look so similar? It's a terrible feeling when you are in a lunch meeting at work, you grab your lunch, grab a couple of choclate chip cookies on your plate, sit down.... and then 15 minutes later you find out they are actually oatmean raisin and not chocolate chip. Damn - now you are stuck.

3) I understand why people would send an email requesting a receipt that the note was read, but I had a first the other day - someone (who is on this blog, by the way) sent me a note that wanted to send a note back when I deleted the message. Come on! How vain and Ludicrous is this? How much of an Ego do you have to have to track exactLy when your distribution throws your emAils iN the Delete folder? I swear......

No comments: