Nov 3, 2007

Halloween Candy Ratings

I'm staring at our dining room table, still filled with the sorted candy from the loot from Wednesday night. Warren (our 4-year-old) really got into it, running from house to house in search of a house "with a light on".

We need to rate the different candy types in order from most to least desirable. My rankings:

Beg, Borrow and Steal to get:
1. Kit Kat
2. Reese's Cups
3. Butterfinger
4. Almond Joy
5. Mr. Goodbar

Nice to Have
6. Hot Tamales
7. Dots
8. Rolo
9. Skittles
10. Sweet Tarts

Average, and usually overrated
11. Hershey's candy bars
12. Nestle Crunch
13. Snickers
14. Krackel
15. M&Ms

Fillers (role players)
16. Dum Dum's
17. Dubble Bubble
18. Jolly Ranchers
19. Hershey Kisses
20. Bit O Honey

Pac-Man Jones (may look good, but are Team Cancers and should be thrown back)
21. Three Musketeers (God, I hate this)
22. Candy Corn
23. Any Reese's Knockoff
24. Taffy

Thoughts?

5 comments:

Layup said...

Reeses peices is the top ranked candy for me, with Twizzlers right behind it.

RRD said...

Great post. You are the only person I know who consumes Almond Joys.

You also forgot Peanut M&Ms.

My favorite 5 include Reeses cups, Snickers, Rolos, Spree, and Mike & Ikes.

RRD said...

...and Peanut M&Ms.

Buck Super Stereo said...

you rate almond joys in your top 5, yet mounds fails to get a mention?

another oddity in your profile....the aforementioned slight to mounds in the face of much ballyhoo for AJ leads me to believe you have affection for almonds. so where do hershey's w/almonds rate?

your list is tired, has holes in it and simply a waste of our time. you should stick to posts on politics. at least in that, your platform is more consistent there senator.

note: i'm slightly jealous i didn't think of this post myself.

Eric Z said...

Gees, did I forget a lot of candies.

1. Reese's pieces - boy, I love these. I rate them 3a just below Butterfingers.

(when I say Reese's knockoffs, I did not mean Reese's pieces. I meant those awful attempts to turn Reese's into a bar, like "Take 5" or whatever).

2. Twizzlers - meh. What good is one licorice stick? I put them as a role player.

3. I haven't seen Spree since the fundraising days in High Schoolin 1987.

4. I forgot Twix! Should be at the top of the "Nice to Have" list. Put them at 6a.

5. Same with Mike and Ike - nice to have, 9a.

6. Mounds? I don't think I've seen a Mounds in 10 years. Why are Almond Joys so prevalent but Mounds aren't? Is it some sort of East Coast Media Bias?

And what the hell are Hershey's with Almonds? Are these the kisses? An actual bar along the lines of Hershey's Symphony?

Senator, I know kid's candy....I grew up with Kid's candy....and sir, Hershey's with Almonds is no kids candy.