Nov 11, 2007

NFL Picks, Week 10 - the Whale

Well, as I did my picks this morning, I feel like the Whale from Seinfeld. I'm making my picks, and this overwhelming sense of doom comes over me. I have too many favorites - lots of them - and I feel good about each one individually, but I know that Vegas makes their money off of people betting favorites. With each pick, I feel the golf balls hitting my back coming from the shore. This may be the week that a ball plugs into the blowhole and sets me back for good -unless Marine Biologist George comes out and rescues me in time.

Will George come out and save me from teh favorites in week 10? Let's find out.

GB 20, Min 13. I think the Packers have the run defense to counter Peterson.
NO 31, St L 17. New Orleans is back on track.
KC 24, Denver 17. Is Denver ready to implode? I think so- they are one of a couple teams that may start to pack it in now.
Ten 20, Jax 10. Again, I'll ask: How exactly is Tennessee's opponent (Jacksonville this week) supposed to score points?
Mia 19, Buf 16. My last hunch that involved the Dolphins was to take them and the Giants over in London - where they did not cover the over/under BY 25 POINTS!
Was 23, Phi 13. Another team ready to pack it in?
Car 17, Atl 10. What a oddly fascinating game this will be. It's going to be like watching 2 4-year olds try to play mini golf - one might win a hole with a "9" vs. the opponent's "10". How will these offenses move?
(Hint to Leland: take the over, then. Maybe this will be a 35-30 turnover fest.)
Cin 31, Bal 21. I refuse to believe that the Bengals will give up yet, and I continue to state that the Ravens are still a fraud.
Chi 20, Oak 10. If the Bears lose this -they'll be done. I can't believe I am going this way.
Dal 28, NYG 23. Should be a good game. (there's some good insight for you).
Det 27, Az 20. Again, what's wrong here? You have God's team (Kitna and the Lions) against a banged up Cards team. At 7:15 tonight, I'll find out why the line was this way.
Ind 28, SD 17. I have no faith in the Chargers tonight.
Sea 28, SF 13. Wow. Just a terrbile game.

Best bets: 18 of them (!). Last week: 12-3; overall record: 62-67-9.

GB/Min under 40.5
NO -10.5
KC -3
Ten -4.5
Ten/Jax under 35
Mia +3
Mia/Buf under 41
Was -3
Car -3.5
Car/Atl Under 36
Cin +3.5
Cin/Bal Over 44.5
Chi -3.5
Chi/Oak Under 38
Dal -1.5
Det + 1.5
Ind -3.5
Sea -9.5

No comments: