Nov 17, 2007

More on Case Western!!

Actually, no. I thought I would post some random thoughts to break up the casewesternfans.com talk.

  • I'm a little bit concerned with the Bills this weekend. Brady has never played well up there for whatever reason, and making that game a night game will help the Bills. The Bills hung around in the first half in the meeting earlier this year, then the Pats blew their doors off. Lynch not playing is a HUGE plus, but I would caution bettors out there that Brady has mentioned several times in the past that he hates that field for some reason.
  • Since the Celts are 8-0, the Pats are 9-0 - the last "meaningful" Boston loss was game 4 of the ALCS. Haven't had a loss since Wakefield toed the rubber. Now THAT is a nice stretch!
  • If the Pats end up getting a top 5 pick from SF, they will certainly trade down to pickup a couple mid 1st round picks (or future picks). I can't see a way that they could fit that mega salary structure into their cap.
  • Bonds, Arod, Bonds, Arod, Bonds, Arod.
  • Well, it looks like I might be close to joining the dark side of employment. I interviewed with a group HQ-ed in Bethesda (CSGP) and they are likely going to give me an offer next week. We'll see. Damn, I'll be a regular working stiff!! If anyone has any inside info on these folks let me know.
  • Sheesh, Maryland probably couldn't beat Case Western at this point. We have sunk like a stone, back to the good ole Vanderlinden days.
  • I went out to eat at Ruth Chris with Laura a few weeks ago. I got dressed up a little for the occasion wearing a suit and tie. When my son saw me he said "Dad, why are you wearing a long string on your neck?". Ha! I'm pathetic.
  • Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. How great is it to completely chow down, then have a bunch of dessert?? My favorite thing is around 8:00PM (we always eat at halftime of the Detroit game), to heat up the leftover turkey and make a hot sandwhich, then have another round of pie. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Eric Z said...

Um, the Bruins are 6-7 since Oct. 18. So there.

I wonder if there really is a casewesternfans.com?

(pause while we check....)

No!

I keep envisioning that maybe, in 2025, we will go Div I- and then in 2040, we will play an NCAA tournament game vs. Ohio St or something like that.

( I think we are 2-1 vs. THE Ohio State University overall.

And - we are a perfect 1-0 in bowl games, as we won the 1941 Sun Bowl over Arizona State. I see the Pac-10 was weak back then, too....)