Dec 6, 2005

Sports sound clips

Completely random sports question:

What is your #1 favorite sports-related audio clip? Some nominees:

- Jim Mora's "Playoffs?? Playoffs?" tirade
- Herm Edwards "you PLAY to WIN the GAME" press conference
- Jim Schoenfeld's classic: "Eat another donut, you fat pig"
- The John Chaney/John Calipari grudge match: "I KILL YOU!"
- Anything by Bob Knight (I love the "game face" one)
- Hal McRae's tirade from a few years ago

I'm sure I'm missing some obvious ones.

If I could set my alarm to Herm Edwards' voice every day, I think I would double my productivity in the morning.

5 comments:

Other Brad said...

Don't know if this counts, but when Joe Namath told that female sideline reporter that he wanted to kiss her.

dzahn07 said...

You are missing Iverson's "practice"....

And I remember hearing a clip from the Cubs coach calling out all of the cubs fans about being unemployed losers that was great.

jorge blogsada said...

There is a great todd stottlemyre breakdown from about 10 years ago that is absolutely priceless. He lashes out at a reporter asking numerous times, Is that what we're gonna do, talk about that pitch in the seventh?" Then he completely loses it for a minute, and then he realizes it, and then loses it at the reporter for making him flip out. Great stuff.

Schillzilla said...

Without question Rick Pitino's tirade on the "Morass of negativity" in Boston. Which climaxed with "Parish isn't walking through that door, McHale isn't walking through that door, Larry Bird isn't walking through that door folks, and if they do they'll be grey and old! All the negativity in this town sucks, and it stinks!!"

It was great, this was back in 1999 or 2000. I think when Boston columnists were jokingly(?) referring to the city as Loserville. I think Antoine Walker was getting booed at home *every time* he touched the ball. It was pretty sad, but that rant STILL makes me laugh when I think about it.

RRD said...

I've got to go with the "We talkin' about PRACTICE".

Runner ups:

- "I'm going to fade into Bolivian" (insert any Tyson quote)

- "You're a REAL MAN Deion", Tim McCarver

- "It was kind of instinctive, like running from the cops." Marquis Weeks