Dec 29, 2005

Happy Holidays

Ahhh... the holidays are over. Finally!! For the first time ever, I never got in the Christmas mood. Don't know if it was due to all the traveling or what, but I just totally shut down this year during Christmas. I didn't go shopping, put up a tree or lights, or sent out Christmas cards. So to all those people who I didn't send a card or presents to, I'm sorry. I'll make up for it over the next couple of months.

And yes, I missed an entire week of picks. I was in Bermuda and totally forgot. If Eric permits, I'll go ahead and make up the 16 picks during the Bowl Season and this weeks games. Judges? If they rule in my favor I'm going to post my 16 college picks in the comments section.

Speaking of Bowl Season, the book is in bad shape. We are in the red for the first time in years and this is heading into Murders Row with the NFL Playoffs, the dreaded New Years Day Bowl Games, and then the Superbowl. I've always had a solid cushion going into these games, which makes everything a little less stressful, but not this year. If things go bad I might be playing the nickel slots in Vegas in March. I've already received a heads up call from the Boston collation that New Years Day will be heavy. Usually I love to hear this, but not this year, especially since Boston has done pretty well this year.

But, if things go well then I might go ahead and buy a Motorcycle. Yep. That's right, a Harley. Over in Bermuda we rented these little mopeds that top out around 50 MPH and it was a blast. We would just tool around the island on these things and it was so much fun and so relaxing. And with the way that the weather is in the OC, I could ride the bike year round. I'm still on the fence on this, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about those freakin mopeds and how much fun they were.

3 comments:

dzahn07 said...

OK. Here are the College Games that I would like to take.

Oregon -3
GT -9
VA +4.5
UCLA -3
USC -7.5
PSU -9
FL -1.5
Wisconsin +11
VT -7.5
ND +4
Alabama +3.5
Miami -7
Fresno St. -7
S. Florida +4
TCU -3
Georgia -7

Eric Z said...

OK, you're on. In my picks for the pool, I think I'm agreeing with about 50% of those.

We'll take those for a replacement for week 16. You still have to get in week 17's picks coming up, too....

and you also have to profess your love to Don Criqui.

Eric Z said...

So far, you are:

2-4
through the NC State game.