Dec 23, 2005

NFL Week 16

It's Friday night, and I am engrossed in an ESPN Classic showing of the 1987 PBA Los Angeles Open, announced by the great Chris Schenkel and Nelson "Bo" Burton Jr. Schenkel and Burton were staples in our house every Saturday afternoon in the 80s.

Don't know if Derek will get his picks in: he is in Bermuda, I believe, as I type, spending his Christmas vacation with friends. Whatever happened to the mystery of teh Bermuda triangle? That, too, was big in the 80s - planes mysteriosuly disappeared, strange weather occurred in that region, etc. Did Leonard Nimoy do a "In Search Of..." special on the Bermuda Triangle and answer all the questions?

(Where else do you get a blog comparing Nelson Burton Jr. and the Bermuda Triangle? I swear, we should charge for this sort of entertainment.)

On to the picks:
KC 27, SD 23: this is a classic Marty game - as in, "I can't believe Marty lost this game!"
Mia 23, Ten 20: Tennessee will be the surprise team of the 2006 season (well, maybe a 2nd surprise team beside Cleveland).
Jax 17, Hou 16. Can we really expect the Jags to win by more than 10?
Dal 24, Car 13. A contrairian pick. Bill will rally the troops here.
TB 27, Atl 17. As stated before, I have no faith in the Falcons.
Stl 20, SF 10. A lot of these games do not requrie a comment.
NO 20, Det 17. Like this one.
Cle 13, Pit 12. Why not?
Cin 31, Buf 14. The Takeo Spikes bowl. Mularkey has to go at the end of the year, right?
Was 20, NYG 13. This should be a great game. I need Tiki to have a good game - I don't think he will this week.
Az 27, Phi 20. I have a feeling about this one.
Den 28, Oak 13. C'mon, Jake, open it up and throw for 350.
Sea 30, Ind 20. I have no idea.
GB 16, Chi 13. Just have a feeling that Favre has one more good game left in him. This would be an ideal time.
Min 24, Bal 16. Boller's game Monday night was like an oasis in the desert - a mirage.
NE 24, NYJ 23. One last gasp effort by teh Jets to be competitive this year; NE will let up a bit.

Best bets: (last week: 9-9; overall: 127-118-11).
KC pick em
Hou +6
Dal +5
TB -3
TB/Atl Over 36 1/2
SD/Stl under 41 1/2
Cin -13 1/2
Was -3
Az -1
Az/Phi Over 39 1/2
Ind/Sea over 44
GB +7
Min +3
Min/Bal over 34
NYJ +5.5
NE/NYJ Over 37

4 comments:

Eric Z said...

Derek: 12-6 last week, 82-69-7 overall;
Eric: 9-9 last week, 75-75-8 overall.

Don't know if he will get his picks in on time this week. Judges? What should we do?

Buck Super Stereo said...

its not as if my cheesehead loving ways has anything to say, but that browns/steeler game must have been hard to watch.

Other Brad said...

8-6-2...good job with you over/under picks and brilliant prediction on AZ vs Phi.

If I could pick football I would be having an amazing year. I have been 67-38 since Thanksgiving thanks to basketball (NBA and CBB) and luck. Most of those 38 losses (around 22 or them) being football.

Eric Z said...

Oh God, was it hard to watch. The problem was watching that knowing that I have the Steeler defense going for me in our finals.

It was tough to root for the sacks and fumbles in the 2nd half...

BUT I WON, DAMMIT! 2002, 2004 and 2005 RFL Champions!