Dec 31, 2009

Fast Food

With a new baby and little support locally, I have had a great opportunity to get involved again with fast food. Now the strange thing is that I've actually lost about 10 pounds since the new baby despite eating some of this crap below. Comments and thoughts are welcome.

Top 10:

10. Taco Bell- The only way to explain this ranking is that their soft tacos must trigger some memories of the great times back in high school, sitting outside of the cockeysville taco bell with the gang laughing and plowing through tacos. Currier and I still need to have our soft taco eat off someday.

9. Arby's- This used to be in my top 5, but I guess with expansion in southern CA, it has worn out its welcome. The only time it is still a treat to me is when I stop for it in Baker on my way to and from Vegas. And the only thing keeping them in this list is their Arby's and Horsey sauce, that I could put on anything and it would taste great.

8. In-n-Out- I'm starting to think that I enjoy a McDonalds cheeseburger just the same as one of their hamburgers. And I don't have to wait 20 minutes to eat it like at In-n-Out. Their "animal style" fries are still the best out there.

7. Wendy's- I love their grilled chicken sandwich, Jr bacon cheeseburger, and the ability to get chili or a side salad with my combo. Their honey mustard is my second favorite dipping sauce next to the hot mustard at McDonalds.

6. McDonalds- Their breakfast food is head and shoulders above everyone elses with their sausage mcmuffin being my favorite sandwich. And everytime I try a new place I seem to be comparing it to McDonalds. They have that stupid monopoly game that I'm a sucker for and of course my favorite sauce in hot mustard. And how could I forget about the mcribb. mmmmm.

5. Panera- I guess one would consider this fast food. Their sandwiches are solid and one of my favorite soups, french onion is outstanding for a fast food joint.

4. Chipotle- Had one of their burritos last night and I forgot how amazing their food continues to be.

3. Panda Express- This has made a huge jump since the last time I thought about this list. I've tried some other Chinese fast food, but theirs continues to be the best and cheapest. A two order consisting of Bejing Beef and Orange chicken makes so excited at times.

2. Chick Filet- Best chicken nuggets hands down. Best chicken sandwich by far. Now that they have Diet Dr. Pepper and their Chick Filet sauce available it's a struggle for me not to eat this everyday.

1. Chronic Taco- A Southern CA chain that has by far the best fish tacos and nachos I've come across. Their chicken nachos, listed as an appetizer, will fill me up on its own.

1 comment:

Schillzilla said...

I like corner bakery, baja fresh and of course............ Sbarro!!!! I never cared for McDonald's, Arbys or taco bell. One classic that I used to like was Roy rogers. Nothing like heading over there hungover at college park.