Sep 16, 2009

Random thoughts while sick

Can't sleep. Sick. So let's spend the night posting random thoughts:

- While watching the US Open for the past couple of weeks, I couldn't help but notice a lot of commericals for Latisse. What is Latisse? It is a drug to help your body....grow longer eyelashes.

Really? I'm sorry, I don't know much at all about what is in high fashion - but people are willing to take a drug that will help their eyelashes grow longer? What happened to fake eyelashes? And if this works, can't it be applied to baldness?

- What are your thoughts about people who brush their teeth at work? It creeps me out. I can't exactly say why it does, but it just seems.....wrong. Go buy some gum.

- This link about looking for Bromance on the internet also creeps me out. Geesh. Go to a tailgate or something. (and in the comments of this article, there is a link to a hilarious YouTube coemdy sketch about Bro rape.)

- What is the age of the CBS Sports hack who wrote this preview? Another question: are we sure this is not from the Onion?

CBS Sports is proud to assign Bill Macatee and Steve Beuerlein, one of our top broadcast teams, to this Sunday's bitter rivalry game between the undefeated Denver Broncos and the much improved Cleveland Browns. Watch on Sunday as these two playoff contenders battle for a key victory in the Mile High City!!!
--END--


Really, I like to be smoking something when I talk about the Browns - but I want to have what this guy is having.

- (inhales) Grade for Week 1: C-. Brady did not look good, and the defense got tired - but I liked a lot of things that I saw out there. A defense that actually attacked. The Wildcat formation (although it may not have been called for a couple of times). A lot of things to work on, but it's a step in the right direction.

(and we can evaluate this team in a few weeks, when Minnesota is either 5-0 and has the inside track to home-field advantage, or 3-2 and just merely an above average team about ready to fall apart on Favre's arm. We are not sure how good the Vikings are just yet).

- I'm reluctant to post anything political right now; let's just say I find this debate over health care reform to be healthy in many ways.

- Gee, I still miss Fire Joe Morgan. He came out of retirement to post a classic about the 2009 AL MVP race.

1 comment:

mer said...

I brush my teeth quite often at work. It's quite nice to have a fresh mouth. You should try it sometime. And don't forget to floss.