Sep 30, 2009

I just don't get it

I am just shocked at the outpouring of support for Roman Polanski from his artist friends. Really? You are supporting a person who drugged and had sex with a 13 year old girl?
And are you really saying that - because he is an artiste, he should be forgiven?

Such crap. Do they realize that this is why people are starting to hate Hollywood so much - and why anti-Hollywood rhetoric is so powerful in this land?

I only have my good friend Jewel as a beacon of hope in Hollywood.

1 comment:

mer said...

Yeah, I don't quite get it either. But not all of Hollywood supports him. And from what I've read, he didn't get a fair trial and the judge was a little corrupt. But, I also think what he did was sick.

We all know that celebrities, politicians, athletes, etc., live in a different legal world than we do. With a fair trial, what kind of sentence would he have gotten? This isn't Iowa or Cincinnati. This is Los Angeles.