Feb 17, 2009

Loose ends

1. Thanks to all for the computer help about 2-3 weeks ago. The salvation of laptop was partly successful; I had to re-install Windows and re-format the hard drive; however, I was able to at least get in there and save my files on to a flash drive.
(and - having Windows installed twice on C:\WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS2 kind of messes the competer's brain up a bit. I decided that wasn't the best long term plan.

2. Cyclobenzaprine - whoa momma, that's the real deal. I did something to my back 2 Sundays ago - couldn't stand up for about 3 hours and was in a lot of pain. This occurred after a jog and I stupidly laid down on the front porch for 20 minutes in 35 degree weather. The back got better by Tuesday, good enough for me to jog on Tuesday and Thursday - and then last Friday - wham! pain again. It was so bad that I finally relented and went to Urgent Care on Sunday.
They diagnosed me with a back muscle sprain and gave me a prescrption for cyclobenzaphine - a muscle relaxer. They said "take at bedtime, it may make you drowsy".

Yeah right, I've heard that before. I'll be fine.....

This pill is like 6 shots of NyQuil. You are OUT 1 hour after taking it and you can't get out of bed the next morning. Wow.

Actually, these pills may be good to have around come golf season to eliminate the yips.....hmmmm......


3. What have I done? I was playing computerized blackjack when Freddie walked in - we started playing together. This evening, I was feeding Martin and Freddie wanted to play.

"OK", I said to myself, "what's the harm in this?"

The on-line game loads him up with $1000 of chips......it's found at wizardofodds.com

Anyway, I took about 1-2 mintues to help him through the mouse clicks - how to "bet", how to start a new hand, etc. I then left him alone.

10 minutes later, I pop back in the computer. I was pretty surprised he hadn't busted yet.

"How's it going?"

"Great! I'm betting one of every color of chip!"

His balance was $2465 - a profit of $1465. He was splitting tens, hitting 14 against a 6 - he couldn't lose. I'm not sure whether to be overjoyed or very afraid.

1 comment:

skeetskeet11 said...

The parallels between Wiz's BJ betting style and Freddie's are scary....