Feb 15, 2009

I'm going crazy thinking about Vegas

So I was watching Friday Night Lights, the movie not the series, this afternoon and I thought how cool would it be to have someone give us pre-gambling speeches during our trip. We are going to need it as we have a full day of gambling on Thursday. This full day with no interuptions could be a blessing or a nightmare. Below outlines the first two days with some nice little sports clips to use as analogies. OK, I have officially lost it. Carol is just starring at me now as I giggle as I relate these clips to our Vegas trip.

I greet the gang at the airport with this little pick me up.


We are all gambling on Wednesday night and things are going great. We are all winning at a variety of games. We need Wiz and Lee to wrap up the evening in our room before going to bed.


So we wake up the next morning a little groggy and not too excited. We have a full day of gambling ahead of us. We need to get pumped up. We need something to jump-start the day. So Jay is there in the elevator to give us this speech.

And we are off. Ready to go. We all go to the craps table and immediately get crushed. Since we all turned the table cold, a couple of guys at the other end of the table start betting the don't pass. Don takes the lead and gives us this speech to rally the troops against the assholes at the other end of the table. We continue to loss and some of us are close to running out of money. We need more Jay to keep us all at the table.

Mid-Day and we break to lick our wounds from the craps run. We are a little shell shocked. Some of us want to take a walk on the strip, while others jut want to watch some games in the room. Laura breaks out this speech to get us all back down at the tables.

Well we get killed again at the BJ tables. I have to start to yell this to as Lee stays on a 16 against a dealer 10. Wiz pulls Kermit and Amanda aside as tells them this when the shoe turns south. Things are going way south. We are not focused. We are starting to complain and bitch about everything. Now its 7:30pm and Eric demands a meeting in his room and delivers this speech, not to get us motivated, but to humiliate us.

So we trek over to the Mirage to try and make a midnight comeback at Pai Gow. Lucky us, John the dealer is there to give us this gem. Mike wins a $1000 Pai Gow hand and jumps up from his chair and does this at the entrance of Revolutions.

So we are all up and are about to call it an evening and we head back to the Palazzo and right before we head up to the room, Wiz and I see that the there have been 10 straight reds at the roulette table. So we go over and place a wager on black. After another 10 straight reds, I lose it.

I will continue this for Friday-Sunday at a later date.

2 comments:

Schillzilla said...

You think the SouthWest will let me bring a sledgehammer on board? Maybe that will be my carry on back.

Schillzilla said...

Oh and it is a mortal lock I deliver this
and this after an ATM reload.

Joo think you big time!?? You gonna die bigtime!!