Feb 14, 2009

The Horrors of Office Life

On Friday, I was booked all morning with meetings, especially with the first meeting being a meeting that I am leading with directors. So my mind was pretty preoccupied yesterday morning.

I dropped off Warren at Day Care - and boy, did his breath stink. I reprimanded him for not brushing his teeth, but he insisted he did. Whatever.

I'm driving into work when I realize - crap! that was my breath! I didn't brush my teeth...and now I have a morning full of meetings where I can share my halitosis.....that's a nice thought to have in your brain all morning long.....

The pitfalls of 21st century cubicle life. Our ancestors never had to deal with theese workplace hardships.....

3 comments:

mer said...

This is going to sound sad but I have a toothbrush and dental floss at work and in my cars. In the cars, in case I don't make it home that night and at work in case I'm going to the bar after work which is about every other night.

Eric Z said...

Do you have a change of clothes in your car too - in case you don'tmake it home and have to go to work the next day?

And you need racquetball clothes....and of course, you need your emergency golf clothes too.

Do you have one of those closet racks in the back of your boxster that holds your entire wardrobe?

mer said...

Don't forget the extra pairs of contacts and condoms (yeah, like I use those, but they're their).

For both cars, here's the inventory:

contacts
condoms
toothbrush
dental floss
collared golf shirt (during summer)
4 or 5 sets of workout clothes (in gym bag)
boxer shorts
polo t-shirt

I'm just in trouble if I don't make it home 2 nights in a row.