Feb 8, 2009

Last night

Over the past several months, Carol and I have been involved in a casual poker game with a couple of friends. About 8 of us get together and play Texas Hold em and other games. I've been teaching them all the classics like Follow the Bitch, Baseball, Guts, and Omaha. Its actually been a lot of fun.

But since its so casual and its with new friends, I tend to take such a relax playing style with everyone. This results in me losing my $10 buy in by the end of the night. So Carol gets an email from one of the girls setting up the next poker night. In the email the girl ends up talking shit to Carol and I about us losing all the time. Hmmmm.

So when I got there last night, no more mister nice guy. If you are going to talk shit then that's it. Check raises, aggressive betting up front, and playing no hands other than the ones I really should. Well, it resulted in me cleaning up. Carol and I walked away with everything except for $7.50 at the table. So the guys were asking "We were wondering if you were just taking it easy or if you really sucked." Yeah, OK.

No comments: