Apr 4, 2010

Houston Shell Open

Easter Sunday and the wife and kids are gone back to Kentucky. Tax Return did not come in, so I'm restricted to the house and not the UTH table at Palo. I'm in a golf and hockey gambling pool and this is a big day. I have Anthony Kim in the golf pool and I'm in second place with a bunch of my players going today. Also I'm itching for some action so I took all of the away teams plus two goals, Uconn women, Oklahoma women, and the Yanks-Soxs under. Oh and lets go over my golf 4 team parlay listed below:
  • Anthony Kim over Bryce Molder
  • Kevin Sutherland over Charl Swartzel
  • Justin Leonard over Matt Kuchar
  • Adam Scott over Justin Rose

Oh and I did another wager on Adam Scott over Justin Rose since my hatred for Rose is very high.

12:46pm: So I join you at hole 10 for Anthony Kim. I'm three bloody marys and one Diet Dr. Pepper and rums into the morning. Hey, no judging. I went for a 4 mile run and a healthy breakfast.

12:47pm: Thank you Johnny for gooching AK. 24 straight holes without a Bogey and then AK promptly shanks his tee shot into these huge bushes. Oh, who do I get a text from? Thank you Wiz for checking in. F you. Oh and F you too Don. Your gooches won't work on the master.

12:48pm: Ha. Swartzel misses a short birdie putt on 12. Suck it RRD.

12:52pm: Who are these guys chasing AK? Delaet? Micheal? Ugh. Its amazing how much I've learned

12:54pm: Maggert in the chase. I will never forget him from here on out as he replaced VJ two weeks ago in the Arnold

12:58pm: AK misses the par putt. Now only up two on the contenders.

1:00pm: Wiz and I text how much Kevin Stadler looks like Eric.

1:01pm: AK pulls his drive. I'm mixing another Diet Pepper and Rum. Not good. I'm getting a little too buzzed. Thinking about lighting up a cigar in the living room.

1:02pm: Things I wish I knew before I placed a wager or picked a golfer. Phil does an interview that basically states that he used a driver on every hole to get ready for the Masters despite knowing that he couldn't win this tournament since the holes are very tight. He also stated that his wife's doctor lives in houston and he let him caddie in the final round. Great to just throw an entire tourney.

1:07pm: AK great second shot out of the bunker. Text goes out to Wiz. Eat it.

1:09pm: Away team Red Wings lost by one and now Calgary (away team) is down by two. Need the Sharks and Wild to come through for me to win my wager.

1:10pm: Really thinking that I could make it as a professional sports bettor. If I could just hold off on the 10,000 stupid wagers that eat away on my solid wagers.

1:11pm: Adam Scott makes another birdie. Now 3 up on Justin Rose. Its like they are just giving money away.

1:12pm: If you have a chance. Watch Ray Romano on the golf channel with Phil Hanney. Excellent show. Watched 3 episodes this morning and was laughing my ass off.

1:15pm: Taylor for Birdie and is now at 11 under. One behind AK. And to think Eric mentioned him early this past week. Ugh. And now AK tee shot...another bunker. This is not good.

1:18pm: Does anyone feel cool wearing Transitions glasses? The ones that change with sunlight? And to have Kenny Perry and Trevor Immelman as your spokesmen is not a good sign.

1:20pm. Lee has been so bad for his picks in the fantasy league that he is now offering his picks for $2 a piece. Text Lee stating that I want his pick for the Masters and said that he is interested in a subscription. And I'm going to take him up on it.

1:22pm: Yes Sir!!! Kim has an amazing bunker shot. Another Birdie.

1:32pm: Took a little break. Had to make another drink and made a nice little turkey sandwich. Back on the couch and ready to go. Looks like Kim will be going for the green on the 13th hole. And he goes over the green. But still a chance for birdie.

1:42pm: An interview with AK stating that he is injured and will need to take time off to heal his thumb. And then Johnny comes on and states that he will be able to use the $1 mil plus winnings during his time off. Someone needs to tell him about the gooch for christ sake.

1:43pm: Swartzel is starting to scare me. And so is Westwood. Need to hold off on getting too excited about both of these two for next week. Totally different courses.

1:46pm: AK hits one over the green again. I can't watch this anymore. Need a cigar. Thank god I'm in CA where outside TV watching is accepted and able to complete. Two years ago, Ben and I pulled the 44 inch flat screen outside so that we could smoke, drink, eat, and watch the superbowl. Probably the greatest superbowl viewing experience of my life. Nice and warm and didn't have to worry about missing any parts of the game. God I love CA.

1:48pm: George Lopez and the Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am? Um yeah, I'll skip that one.

1:49pm: Great chip by AK, which makes me yell and wake up the cats.

1:50pm: Getting drunk now. Another par by AK.

1:51pm: Bogey on the last hole by Adam Scott and birdie by Justin Rose makes me lose my bet. Fuck you Mr. Adam Scott. I'm so angry right now. Just laughing outloud to myself to help control my anger.

1:52pm: Talk to Carol. Ask her to stop by Pappy Van Winkle's distillery to pick up some bourbon for me. She is confused and concerned while her dad states that I have good taste and they will go tomorrow. Thank you Don.

1:55pm: Tension between AK and his caddie. AK wants to hit his driver and the caddie won't move his bag, trying to talk him out of it. Hits it anyway.

2:15pm: Slowing down a bit. Getting drunker. Craving my cigar and hot tub. Vaughn Taylor's tee shot is pulled and some fat lady ducks the drive and is on all fours and looks disgusting. Johnny states that she is looking like an Easter egg trying to hide in the grass. Then I get a text from Wiz just stating "What a pig". Its sad that I'm so into golf that people can just text a comment on a random golf happening.

2:21pm: Eric texts me that Kim is a quick putter. On behalf of Kermit, Don, Mike, Craig, and Steve, I told him he should take some notes. He doesn't like this comment.

2:22pm: Kim just drills a stupid lady walking on the cart path. She went down like she was shot. Honestly, you're looking at the tee box and you still get hit in the stomach????? How is that possible. Pay attention you fucking idiot. You cost AK about 40 yards on his drive.

2:28pm: AK comes over to the lady to apologize and she is holding an ice pack to her boob. Why are there paramedics tending to her? If she wasn't cute and in her 20's nobody would even care. I remember last year at the US Open, someone drilled an elderly lady sitting in a chair next to the green in the leg and nobody even cared.

2:30pm: What am I going to do once Eric goes to China? I can't send him 30 texts in an hour about stupid golf shit. He can't send me videos of his kids playing golf in the backyard while he does play by play like Verne. What will I do??????

2:31pm: Thinking about what sport I want my daughter to be good in and I'm thinking that it should be golf.

2:33pm: Deleat makes a birdie on 18 and pushes Schwartzel back a little in the money list. Haha RRD.

2:35pm: AK really doesn't spend that much time over the ball. Wow, almost made a huge putt. 2 shot lead going into 18.

2:37pm: Man I miss not having a kid. So relaxing and I got so much accomplished this weekend.

2:42pm: Kim on 18. Hits it in a fairway bunker. Vaughn who is two shots back of Kim birdies 18 and now is one shot back.

2:43pm: Wiz just text that this was like the UTH dealer beating you on the last card. I agree. I'm so nervous as they go to commercial break. I am now chewing on my patch to get nicotine directly into my system.

2:44pm: Can they have anymore commercials for the The Players tourney in May? Jesus.

2:45pm: 224 to the hole for AK. Hits it into another bunker. Cats have left the living room as they can feel the tension.

2:46pm: Chewing on the Us Weekly with Sandra Bullock on the cover. Why would you cheat on Sandra. Wonder if Jesse James has a sex addiction?

2:49pm: Tremendous bunker shot by Kim. 5 footer for par and a win.

2:52pm: Kim misses it. And blows it by. Going to a playoff. I can't continue this so I'm out. So pissed right now. So angry. I can't even talk. Good day.

1 comment:

Schillzilla said...

What was the reasoning for the under? maybe if it was 35 degrees (like it very well could have been), but CC tends to start slow (for him). Plus you had Pelican Neck as the Ump (Joe West) - who has an iPad sized strike zone.