May 1, 2009

What am I getting myself into?


Well, I have been recruited to run a relay leg in this weekend's Cincinnati marathon. A few months ago, our church was talking about getting a relay team together for the marathon. I didn't say "no", I said I'd think about it.
Of course, I was drafted.
I am running the final leg of the marathon on Sunday - about 6.5 miles on a route that is fairly flat and follows the Ohio River into downtown near the baseball stadium.
One little catch - I haven't actually run 6.5 miles at one time yet; I've gotten to 4 so far over the past couple of weeks - and feel ok after the run. So I feel confident that I can do it - I think.
I expect to start my leg around 9:30 or so - and I plan to have my phone, so I can read all your encouraging and insulting texts (I'm looking at you, Wiz).
Also, I think there is a way to track the progress of the racers by gettign text mesages from our team's "chip". Go to the main site and follow the link to track.
It's very ironic that this post follows the "fat-hletes" post ......

No comments: