Jan 13, 2009

End of an era


So Thursday will be my last day managing the Long Beach/La Mirada territory. Ahhhh, finally I get to leave the LA area. On Friday, I'm taking over the Orange/San Diego offices in preparation of bringing over our new acquisition Bristol West. Am I going to miss the LA area? Hmmmm, sort of. Who is going to wake up the homeless sleeping on the floor mats in front of the office? Who is going to install flood lights on the side of our building to keep the homeless from sleeping? Who is going to pick up the 100 pounds of trash they dumped in our parking lot in retaliation of the flood lights? Who is going ensure that their cardboard houses are broken down every morning? Who is going to pick up the rotten meat they threw up on our roof in retaliation of destroying their home? And most importantly, who is going to make sure that the toilets are kept in tip top shape?
Ahhh Little Siagon and Koreatown, who are you going to kick out of your body shops now? Watts and South Central, your "White Devil" of a claims manager is leaving you for greener pastures. And who could forget the lovely Russians that control everything from Glendale to Wilshire. No more arguments about framed accidents, stolen parts, or being threatened on a weekly basis from your lovely attorneys, body shop owners, and claimants.
And who could forget about the employees? Well, now we have a great group. But back in the day I felt like I was at the Alamo. Brighter days ahead.
For those of you that call me at work, please call me on my cell from now on.

No comments: