Sep 27, 2008

Terrible

Just a quick comment from last night's debate. I thought that the question of "What are you going to cut from your wish list due to the financial question" was probably the best question I have ever heard in a debate. And both candidates sucked it up on that one. Obama side stepped the question, not once, no twice, but thrice, and McCain kept on going back to ear marks? This tells me that Obama will just say whatever is needed to get into the White House (like his nuclear comment), and McCain really doesn't know what to do and will turn it over to his advisers to handle.

And one last annoying comment. Both guys totally butchered so many names and words during the debate. Um...what is the Tollybon? And Paukistun?

As Eric and I discussed, I really didn't learn anything. How does that happen?

1 comment:

Don said...

With all due respect, I thought that was one of the worst questions. So, let me re-phrase to illustrate my point.

Given a hypothetical bailout plan (that may or may not occur), please speculate on the impact it will have on the economy now and in 6 months when you might be president, and assess the financial impact on your proposals for the country.

The fact that both avoided this question like the plague shows me they pass test #1 of the requirement to be president.

If you like McCain and think we should be at war with Iraq, McCain did well.

If you think we shouldn't be at war with Iraq and like Barak, he did well.

The question is, if you are an undecided voter, what do you think? Answer that question, and I'll tell you who won the debate.