Sep 7, 2008

Its like Christmas morning

I'm so excited. I was telling Carol last night that I wasn't too sure I could get to sleep since I was so excited about today. I haven't been this amp'd for the football season ever. It might be due to the A's being 30 games back, or it might be because:

1. Gambling on something real. I'm tired of hunting down value in Spanish Soccer and Track and Field. Its getting old hearing gambling tips on tennis from Wiz that never pays off.
2. Fantasy Football- I trimmed down to two teams this year. My old Farmer's Insurance League in Baltimore and my old softball league. I'm pretty excited this time since I spent more than one hour prepping.
3. Sunday mornings are now fun again. Wake up around 7:00am have some coffee, make final decisions on what to bet on, go for a run, then head over to the local bar to watch the games. Now I got Ben doing it this year along with his old neighbor Mike who is from Chicago. Should be fun.

So I was thinking about my predictions for the season and I'm having a tough time picking the AFC. If you buy into the theory that 2-3 new teams will make the playoffs, then we have some tough decisions to make.

AFC: Pats, Steelers, Chargers, Titans, Jaguars, and the Colts
NFC: Cowboys, Packers, Seahawks, Bucs, Giants, and the Skins

So the Pats will win the East and I'm going with the Jags in the South. Colts will hit the wild card, but we will have 3 new teams making the playoffs.

1. Denver- Yes the Broncos. This is more of a vote of no confidence against the Chargers than anything else. And yes, this is the year that Norv will take this team down.

2. Houston- Andre Johnson is the most under-rated player in the game right now. If he can stay healthy and their RB situation gets set, I see them making huge strides.

3. Browns- Sportsguy rips the trades that they made, but I don't understand why. Run defense was terrible and they got two top notch inside guys. I think that they will hold steady at 10-6 and win the division.

NFC: GreenBay, Cowboys, and Seattle will make the playoffs. Green Bay is the best team in the NFC, not the Cowboys.

1. Eagles- Yes this seems like the popular pick, but they will take the place of the Giants this year.

2. Carolina- I just hate TB. Carolina will be without Smith at the beginning, but they will be just fine. Solid running game, solid defense, and solid coach. I like them.

3. Lions- Wildcard bound. Book it.

Superbowl- Green Bay - Pats.

No comments: