Sep 13, 2008

Sunday and Saturday Mornings

Being married to a women who doesn't wake up early means one thing....I have a lot of free time in the morning to do whatever I want. Sometimes I work out early, but I tend to just hop on the computer, drink some coffee and watch TV. But since I hate the programming on ESPN on the weekend, I have come up with a pretty regular viewing schedule.
  • I've become addicted to the English Premier League. I will watch whatever is on. This morning I was going to wager on Hall City over Newcastle, and I didn't pull the trigger. Then I just watched the crappy game anyway. I don't like soccer, but I absolutely love the announcers.
  • F1 racing. This is if I can't sleep and wake up before 6:00am. This has now on my list of things to go see before I die. Those guys are going 200mph through these cities. Crazy.
  • European golf- I think RRD and myself are the only two guys watching this on the golf channel.
  • I heart the fine people on the Weather Channel. Always in shape and looking very sharp in their blue jackets and caps. I also enjoy their non weather programming.
  • Fox Money programming- I have a secret crush on Steve Forbes and Ben Stein. If they told me to buy stock in the company that makes anal beads, I'm in.
  • Looking for reruns of Veronica Mars. I love that show for some reason.

2 comments:

Eric Z said...

1. I think Jim Cantore is too over the top.

2. Well, Layup, with the current trend of more states recognizing gay unions, you may have something with your anal bead marketing analysis!

RRD said...

With the exception of a few tournaments (Masters, British, US Open, Firestone 'Pick Your Sponsor' Event) I generally prefer the Euro Tour events.

1.) Announcing is perfectly attuned to the way the event unfolds, interspersed with amazing one-liners.

2.) Amazing courses (Loch Lomond, Wentworth, Crans-sur-Sierre, Belfry, St. Andrews, Valderrama) at divers Euro venues.

3.) Willingness to travel to far-flung destinations for events (China, South Aftica, Quatar, India, Indonesia).

4.) Quality fields, with more interesting personal stories, based on origins and upbringings.

5.) Most importantly, played a TON of Euro Tour on Sega in college. Best video game ever.