Dec 22, 2007

Tomorrow's game

Well, I haven't blogged much about the Browns on here -since I've been talking a lot about them on the phone. I got tickets to the game down here in Cincinnati tomorrow - and will be seeing a chance for the Browns to clinch a playoff spot with a win against the Bengals.

Note 1: People talk about how confusing the NFC race is - but may I remind you: how many teams in the NFC have clinched? Four. In the AFC? Three. Pittsubrgh, Jacksonville, Tennessee, nor Cleveland have clinched yet. And, with a win, Cleveland - who would be tied with Pittsburgh but lose a tiebreaker with them - will clinch, but the Steelers still may not have a spot yet after tomorrow.

Note 2: After a 60 degree day here today, the weather for tomorrow: 40 degrees at noon with the temperature continually dropping; winds of 25-40 mph (gusts to 50) are expected. Perfect Phil Dawson weather.

I am scared of tomorrow's game. The Bengals will have revenge on their mind - from week 2, where we apparently derailed their season - and from 2003, where we won down here in week 17 to deny the Bengals a playoff birth. We need to expect an all-out effort from the Bengals - fake plays, gadgets - and defend as such. I think if we get up by 10-14 in the first half, we may be ok - but we can't let them hang around.

I've never seen a playoff clinching game - the most important game I've seen, by far, in person was teh Jan 1, 1995 playoff game vs. the Pats (Belichick vs Parcells)....but never a possible playoff clincher. Let's bring one home.

No comments: