Dec 5, 2007

December 8 will not exist

Well, we're only two days away from my first trip to Asia - going to Bangkok for a week. (I will report whether the citizens of Bangkok can recite, line-by-line, the famous lyrics from "One Night in Bangkok" on demand).

I have no idea what I am in for - a person at church said that his first time going to Asia was like "going to Mars". We will see. The travel, however, will be interesting.

I am leaving on a non-stop flight from LA to Bangkok; the flight leaves LAX at 9:30 pm on Friday, Dec 7; I land in Bangkok at 6:30 am on Sun, Dec 9. Ah, the mysteries of the international date line.

I've already studied the time differences so that I know when important events are occuring in BKK. Case in point: Janice was trying to give me advice as to how to adjust to the time quicker; she said I have to stay up as best I can on Sunday.....you don't want to stay in your room and nap all day Sunday, because you'll just get up at 3:00 am wide awake Monday morning.

But, I countered - that's what I want! The Browns kick off at 4:15 am Monday morning! I can't miss that!

1 comment:

RRD said...

Murray Head! Heard on Sirius Channel 8 at 10:20 last night.

Bangkok, been my go to joke since the 4th grade. More longevity than Edwin Moses.